5. You shall not bow yourself down to them, nor serve them, for I, the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of those who hate Me,
6. But showing mercy to thousands of those who love Me and keep My commandments.
7. You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
9. Six days you shall labor and do all your work.
10. But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall not do any work, you, nor your son, nor your daughter; your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your livestock, nor the stranger within your gates;
11. For in six days the LORD made the heaven and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and sanctified it.
12. Honor your father and your mother so that your days may be long upon the land which the LORD your God gives you.
13. You shall not murder.
14. You shall not commit adultery.
15. You shall not steal.
16. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
17. You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”
20. And Moses said to the people, “Do not fear, for God has come to prove you, and so that His fear may be before your faces, so that you may not sin.”
21. And the people stood afar off, and Moses drew near to the thick darkness where God was.
22. And the LORD said to Moses, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘You have seen that I have talked with you from the heavens.
23. You shall not make with Me gods of silver, nor shall you make gods of gold for yourselves.
24. You shall make an altar of earth to Me, and shall sacrifice on it your burnt offerings and your peace offerings, your sheep and your oxen. In all places where I record My name I will come to you, and I will bless you.
25. And if you will make Me an altar of stone, you shall not build it of cut stone; for if you lift up your tool upon it, you have defiled it.
26. And you shall not go up by steps to My altar that your nakedness be not exposed upon it.’ ”
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved