1. “And these are the judgments which you shall set before them.
2. If you buy a Hebrew servant, he shall serve six years. And in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing.
3. If he came in by himself, he shall go out by himself. If he was married, then his wife shall go out with him.
4. If his master has given him a wife, and she has borne him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall be her master’s, and he shall go out by himself.
5. And if the servant shall plainly say, ‘I love my master, my wife, and my sons. I do not want to go out free,’
6. His master shall bring him to the judges. He shall also bring him to the door or to the doorpost. And his master shall bore his ear through with an awl, and he shall serve him forever.
7. And if a man sells his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.
8. If she does not please her master, who has betrothed her to himself, then he shall let her be redeemed. He shall have no power to sell her to a strange nation,
9. And if he has betrothed her to his son, he shall deal with her as with daughters.
10. If he takes himself another wife, her food, her clothing, and her duty of marriage shall not be lessened.
11. And if he does not do these three things for her, then she shall go out free without money.
12. He that strikes a man, so that he dies, shall be surely put to death.
13. And if a man does not lie in wait, but God delivers him into his hand, then I will appoint you a place where he shall flee.
14. But if a man comes presumptuously upon his neighbor to slay him with guile, you shall take him from My altar so that he may die.
15. And he that strikes his father or his mother shall surely be put to death.
16. And he that steals a man and sells him, or if he is found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death.
17. And he that curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death.
18. And if men strive together, and one strikes another with a stone, or with his fist, and he does not die, but is confined to his bed;
19. If he rises again and walks abroad upon his staff, then he that struck him shall be set free. Only he shall pay for the loss of his time and shall cause him to be completely healed.
20. And if a man strikes his servant or his maidservant with a rod and he dies under his hand, he shall surely be punished.
21. But if he continues a day or two, he shall not be punished, for he is his money.
22. If men strive and strike a pregnant woman, so that there is a miscarriage, and no harm follows, he shall surely be punished, according as the woman’s husband will lay upon him. And he shall pay as the judges determine.
23. And if any injury occurs, then you shall give life for life,
24. Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,
25. Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.
26. And if a man strikes the eye of his servant, or the eye of his maid, so that it perishes, he shall let him go free on account of his eye.
27. And if he strikes out his manservant’s tooth, or his maidservant’s tooth, he shall let him go free on account of his tooth.
28. If an ox gores a man or woman so that they die, then the ox shall surely be stoned, and his flesh shall not be eaten. But the owner of the ox shall be clear.
29. But if the ox was known to gore in time past, and his owner has been warned, but he did not keep it in, so that it kills a man or a woman, the ox shall be stoned, and his owner also shall be put to death.
30. If there is laid on him a sum of money, then he shall give for the ransom of his life whatever is laid upon him.
31. Whether it has gored a son, or has gored a daughter, according to this judgment it shall be done to him.
32. If the ox shall gore a manservant or a maidservant, he shall give to their master thirty shekels of silver, and the ox shall be stoned.
33. And if a man shall open a pit, or if a man shall dig a pit, and not cover it, and an ox or a donkey falls in it,
34. The owner of the pit shall make it good and give silver to its owner. And the dead beast shall be his.
35. And in the event the ox of a man damages the ox of a neighbor, so that it dies, then they shall sell the living ox, and they shall divide the money of it. And they shall also divide the dead ox.
36. Or if it is known that the ox has been known to gore in time past, and his owner has not kept him in, he shall surely pay ox for ox. And the dead ox shall be his own.”
HNcmsahe shall serveH5647
HNcfpaAnd in the seventhH7637
HCHRdHAofsahe shall go outH3318
HChe came inH935
HRHNcmscHSp3mshe shall go outH3318
HNcfsathen his wifeH802
HNcfscHSp3msshall go outH3318
HNcfsaand she has borneH3205
HTdHNcfsaand her childrenH3206
HCHPp3msshall go outH3318
HNcmpcHSp1csI do notH3808
HTnwant to goH3318
HNcmpcHSp3msshall bring himH5066
HTdHNcmpaHe shall also bring himH5066
HTdHNcfsaAnd his masterH113
HNcfscHSp3msthrough with an awl,H4836
HRdHNcmsaand he shall serve himH5647
HNcfscHSp3msto be a maidservant,H519
HRHNcfsashe shall notH3808
HRHVqcas the menservantsH5650
HCshe does not pleaseH7451
HTrhas betrothed herH3259
HRHSp3msthen he shall let her be redeemed.H6299
HCHVhq3msHSp3fsHe shall have noH3808
HVqi3msto sell herH4376
HRHVqcHSp3fsto a strangeH5237
HAafsawife, her food,H7607
HNcfscHSp3fsand her duty of marriageH5772
HCHTra man does notH3808
HTnlie in wait,H6658
HVpp3msinto his hand,H3027
HRHNcbscHSp3msthen I will appointH7760
HTrhe shall flee.H5127
HNcmscHSp3msto slay himH2026
HRHNcfsayou shall take himH3947
HNcmscHSp1csso that he may die.H4191
HVqi3mpHSntogether, and oneH376
HNcmscHSp3mswith a stone,H68
HCwith his fist,H106
HRHNcmsaand he does notH3808
HVqi3msbut is confinedH5307
HCHVqq3msto his bed;H4904
HChe rises againH6965
HNcfscHSp3msthen he that struck himH5221
HTdHVhrmsashall be set free.H5352
HTahe shall payH5414
HVqi3msfor the loss of his timeH7674
HNcfscHSp3msand shall cause him to be completelyH7495
HNcfscHSp3mswith a rodH7626
HRdHNcmsaand he diesH4191
HNcbscHSp3mshe shall surelyH5358
HNcfsaso that there isH1961
HNcmsahe shall surelyH6064
HRHSp3msAnd he shall payH5414
HCHVqq3msas the judgesH6414
HNcbscof his servant,H5650
HNcbscof his maid,H519
HNcfscHSp3msso that it perishes,H7843
HCHVpq3msHSp3fshe shall let him goH7971
HRdHAamsaon account ofH8478
HCHChe strikes outH5307
HNcbsche shall let him goH7971
HRdHAamsaon account ofH8478
HNcfsaso that they die,H4191
HCHVqp3msthen the oxH7794
HToand his fleshH1320
HVNi3msBut the ownerH1167
HCHNcmscof the oxH7794
HNcmsawas known to goreH5056
HAamsain time past,H8543
HDand his ownerH1167
HRHNcmpcHSp3mshas been warned,H5749
HCHTnkeep it in,H8104
HVqi3msHSp3msso that it killsH4191
HTdHNcmsashall be stoned,H5619
HVNi3msand his ownerH1167
HCHTashall be put to death.H4191
HCthere is laidH7896
HRHSp3msa sum of money,H3724
HNcmsathen he shall giveH5414
HNcmscof his lifeH5315
HCit has goredH5055
HNcfsaaccording to thisH2088
HRdHNcmsait shall be doneH6213
HNcfsahe shall giveH5414
HVqi3msto their masterH113
HNcmsaand the oxH7794
HCHTdHNcmsashall be stoned.H5619
HVpi3msHSp3msand an oxH7794
HNcbsafalls in it,H5307
HNcmscof the pitH953
HTdHNcmsashall make it goodH7999
HNcmsato its owner.H1167
HRHNcmpcHSp3msAnd the deadH4191
And in the eventH3588
HNcmscof a manH376
HNcmscof a neighbor,H7453
HNcmscHSp3msso that it dies,H4191
HCHVqq3msthen they shall sellH4376
HTdHNcmsaand they shall divideH2673
HTothe money of it.H3701
HNcmscHSp3msAnd they shall alsoH1571
HTothe dead ox.H4191
HCit is knownH3045
HTdHNcmsahas been known to goreH5056
HAamsain time past,H8543
HDand his ownerH1167
HCHTnkept him in,H8104
HNcmsaAnd the deadH4191
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved