1. “If a man shall steal an ox, or a sheep, and kill it or sell it, he shall restore five oxen for an ox, and four sheep for a sheep.
2. If a thief is found breaking in, and is struck so that he dies, no blood shall be shed for him.
3. If the sun is risen upon him and he lives, there shall be blood shed for him. He shall make full restitution. If he has nothing, then he shall be sold for his theft.
4. If the theft is certainly found in his hand alive, whether it is an ox, or a donkey, or a sheep, he shall restore double.
5. If a man causes a field or vineyard to be eaten, and shall put in his animal, and shall feed in another man’s field; he shall make full restitution from the best of his own field, and the best of his own vineyard.
6. If fire breaks out and catches in thorns, so that the stacks of grain, or the standing grain, or the field, is burned up, he who kindled the fire shall surely make restitution.
7. If a man shall deliver to his neighbor silver or stuff to keep, and it is stolen out of the man’s house; if the thief is found, let him pay double.
8. If the thief is not found, then the master of the house shall be brought to the judges, whether he has put his hand to his neighbor’s goods;
9. For every case of trespass, whether it is for ox, for donkey, for sheep, for clothing, for any kind of lost thing, which another claims to be his, the cause of both parties shall come before the judges. Whom the judges shall condemn, he shall pay double to his neighbor.
10. If a man delivers to his neighbor a donkey, or an ox, or a sheep, or any animal to keep, and it dies, or is hurt, or driven away, no one seeing,
11. An oath of the LORD shall be between them both, that he has not put his hand to his neighbor’s goods. And the owner of it shall accept it, and he shall not make it good.
12. And if it is stolen from him, he shall make full restitution to the owner of it.
13. If it is torn in pieces, let him bring it for witness, and he shall not make good that which was torn.
14. And if a man borrows it from his neighbor, and it is hurt, or dies, and the owner of it is not with it, he shall surely make full restitution.
15. If the owner of it is with it, he shall not make restitution. If it was hired, it came for its hire.
16. And if a man lures a virgin who is not promised, and lies with her, he shall surely endow her to be his wife.
17. If her father utterly refuses to give her to him, he shall pay money according to the dowry of virgins.
18. You shall not allow a sorceress witch to live.
19. Anyone lying with an animal shall surely be put to death.
20. Anyone sacrificing to a god, except it is unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed.
21. You shall neither vex a stranger nor oppress him, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt.
22. You shall not afflict any widow or fatherless child.
23. If you afflict them in any way, and they cry at all to Me, I will surely hear their cry.
24. And My wrath shall burn, and I will kill you with the sword, and your wives shall be widows, and your sons fatherless.
25. If you lend money to one of My people who is poor among you, you shall not be to him as a money-lender, neither shall you lay upon him interest.
26. If you at all take your neighbor’s clothing as a pledge, you shall deliver it to him by the time the sun goes down;
27. For that is his covering only, it is his clothing for his skin. In what shall he sleep? And it will be, when he cries to Me, I will hear, for I am gracious.
28. You shall not revile God’s judges, nor curse the ruler of your people.
29. You shall not delay to offer the first of your ripe fruits and of your vintage. You shall give the firstborn of your sons to Me.
30. Likewise you shall do with your oxen and with your sheep; it shall be with its dam seven days. On the eighth day you shall give it to Me.
31. And you shall be holy men to Me. Neither shall you eat flesh torn by beasts in the field. You shall throw it to the dogs.”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved