1. “And take up a weeping for the princes of Israel,
2. And say, ‘What is your mother? A lioness. She lay down among lions; she reared her cubs among young lions.
3. And she brought up one of her cubs; it became a strong lion and learned to tear the prey. It devoured men.
4. The nations also heard of him. He was taken in their pit, and they brought him with hooks to the land of Egypt.
5. And when she saw that she had waited and that her hope was lost, she took another of her cubs and made him a strong lion.
6. And he went up and down among the lions; he became a young lion and learned to catch the prey, and devoured men.
7. And he knew desolate palaces, and he laid their cities waste, and the land and its fullness was desolated from the sound of his roaring.
8. And the nations set against him on every side from the provinces, and spread their net over him. He was taken in their pit.
9. And they put him in a cage with hooks, and brought him to the king of Babylon. They brought him in hunting nets, so that his voice should never again be heard on the mountains of Israel.
10. Your mother is like a vine in your blood, planted by the waters; she was fruitful and full of branches because of many waters.
11. And she had strong rods for the scepters of those who bore rule, and her stature was exalted among the thick branches; and it was seen in her height, with the multitude of her branches.
12. But she was plucked up in fury; she was thrown down to the ground, and the east wind dried up her fruit. Her strong rods were broken and withered; the fire burned them up.
13. And now she is planted in the wilderness, in a dry and thirsty ground.
14. And fire has gone out from a rod of her branches, which has licked up her fruit so that there is no strong rod in her to be a scepter to rule.’ ” This is a lamentation, and shall be for a lamentation.
HNcfsaShe lay downH7257
And she brought upH5927
HAcmsaof her cubs;H1482
HVqp3msa strong lionH3715
HRHSp3msHe was takenH8610
HVNp3msin their pit,H7845
HRHNcfscHSp3mpand they brought himH935
And when she sawH7200
HCshe had waitedH3176
HVNp3fsandthat her hopeH8615
HAcmsaof her cubsH1482
HRHNcmpcHSp3fsand made himH7760
HVqp3fsHSp3msa strong lion.H3715
And he went up and downH1980
HVqp3msa young lionH3715
And he knewH3045
HNcfpcHSp3msand he laid their citiesH5892
HVhp3msand the landH776
HNcbsaand its fullnessH4393
HCHVqw3fsfrom the soundH6963
HRHNcmscof his roaring.H7581
And the nationsH1471
HRHSp3mson every sideH5439
HNcbsafrom the provinces,H4082
HRHSp3msHe was takenH8610
HVNp3msin their pit.H7845
And they put himH5414
HCHVqw3mpHSp3msin a cageH5474
HRdHNcmpaand brought himH935
HNpThey brought himH935
HVhi3mpHSp3msin hunting nets,H4685
HNcfscHSp2msislike a vineH1612
HRdHNcbsain your blood,H1818
HVqrfsaand full of branchesH6058
HCHAafsabecause of manyH7227
HNcmpcof those who bore rule,H4910
HVqrmpaand her statureH6967
HRthe thick branches;H5688
HNcbpaand it was seenH7200
HCHVNw3msin her height,H1363
HRHNcmscHSp3mswith the multitudeH7230
HRHNcbscof her branches.H1808
But she was plucked upH5428
HRHNcfsashe was thrown downH7993
HVHp3fsto the ground,H776
HRdHNcbsaand the eastH6921
HNcbsaburned them up.H398
HNcbsahas gone outH3318
HCHVqw3fsfrom a rodH4294
HRHNcmscof her branches,H905
HNcmpcHSp3fswhichhas licked upH398
HNcmscHSp3fsso that there is noH3808
HPp3fsis a lamentation,H7015
HNcfsaand shall beH1961
HCHVqw3fsfor a lamentation.H7015
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved