1. And it came to pass in the seventh year, in the fifth month, the tenth day of the month, that some of the elders of Israel came to ask of the LORD, and sat before me.
2. And the Word of the LORD came to me, saying,
3. “Son of man, speak to the elders of Israel and say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD, “Have you come to inquire of Me? As I live,” says the Lord GOD, “I will not be inquired of by you.” ‘
4. Will you judge them, son of man, will you judge them? Cause them to know the abominations of their fathers.
5. And say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD; “In the day that I chose Israel, and lifted up My hand to the seed of the house of Jacob, and made Myself known to them in the land of Egypt; when I lifted up My hand to them, saying, ‘I am the LORD your God;’
6. In the day that I lifted up My hand to them, to bring them out from the land of Egypt into a land that I had searched out for them, flowing with milk and honey, which is the glory of all lands;
7. Then I said to them, ‘Let each man throw away the abominations of his eyes, and do not defile yourselves with the idols of Egypt. I am the LORD your God.’
8. But they rebelled against Me and would not hearken to Me. They did not each man throw away the abominations of their eyes, nor did they forsake the idols of Egypt. And I said, ‘I will pour out My fury against them to fulfill My anger against them in the midst of the land of Egypt.’
9. But I worked for My name’s sake, that it should not be profaned before the heathen among whom they were, for I made Myself known to them in their eyes, by bringing them out of the land of Egypt.
10.And I caused them to go out from the land of Egypt,and brought them into the wilderness.
13. But the house of Israel rebelled against Me in the wilderness; they did not walk in My statutes, and they despised My ordinances, which if a man does, he shall even live in them. And they greatly polluted My Sabbaths. And I said, ‘I will pour out My fury on them in the wilderness to destroy them.’
14. But I worked for My name’s sake, so that it should not be profaned before the heathen in whose sight I brought them out.
15. And also I lifted up My hand to them in the wilderness, and swore that I would not bring them into the land which I had given them—flowing with milk and honey, the glory of all lands—
16. Because they despised My judgments and walked not in My statutes; and they polluted My Sabbaths; for their heart went after their idols.
17. Nevertheless My eye spared them— from destroying them; nor did I make an end of them in the wilderness.
18. But I said to their children in the wilderness, ‘Do not walk in the statutes of your fathers, nor observe their judgments, nor defile yourselves with their idols.
19. I am the LORD your God. Walk in My statutes, and keep My ordinances, and do them,
20. And keep My Sabbaths holy; and they shall be a sign between Me and you, that you may know that I am the LORD your God.’
21. But the children rebelled against Me. They did not walk in My statutes, nor keep My ordinances to do them—the ordinances which, if a man do, he shall even live in them.And they polluted My Sabbaths, and I said, I would pour out My fury on them, to fulfill My anger against them in the wilderness.
22. Nevertheless I withdrew My hand and worked for My name’s sake, that it should not be polluted in the eyes of the heathen, in whose eyes I brought them out.
23. I also lifted up My hand to them in the wilderness, swearing that I would scatter them among the heathen and scatter them throughout the lands,
24. Because they had not done My ordinances, but had despised My statutes and had polluted My Sabbaths, and their eyes were after their fathers’ idols.
25. Wherefore I also gave them over to their own statutes that were not good, and their own ordinances by which they could not live.
26. And I defiled them in their own gifts, in that they caused all that opened the womb to pass through the fire, that I might make them desolate, to the end that they might know that I am the LORD.” ‘
27. Therefore, son of man, speak to the house of Israel and say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD, “Yet in this your fathers have blasphemed Me, in that they have acted treacherously against Me.
28. When I had brought them into the land which I lifted up My hand to give to them, then they saw every high hill, and all the thick trees, and they offered their sacrifices there. And there they provok Me with their offerings. There also they made their sweet savor, and poured out their drink offerings.
29. And I said to them, ‘What is the high place to which you go?’ And its name is called High Place to this day.” ‘
30. Therefore say to the house of Israel, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD, “Are you defiled in the same way as your fathers? And do you commit whoredoms after their abominations?
31. For when you offer your gifts, when you make your sons to pass through the fire, you defile yourselves with all your idols, even to this day. And shall I be inquired of by you, O house of Israel? As I live,” says the Lord GOD, “I will not be inquired of by you.
32. And what comes into your mind shall not come to pass at all—in that you say, ‘We will be like the heathen, like the families of the countries, to serve wood and stone.’
33. As I live,” says the Lord GOD, “surely with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out, I will reign over you.
34. And I will bring you out from the people, and I will gather you out of the lands in which you are scattered among them, with a mighty hand and with an outstretched arm and with fury poured out.
35. And I will bring you into the wilderness of the people, and there I will enter into judgment with you face to face.
36. Just as I entered into judgment with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so I will enter into judgment with you,” says the Lord GOD.
37. “And I will cause you to pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant.
38. And I will purge out from among you the rebels and those who transgress against Me. I will bring them out from the land where they reside, but they shall not enter into the land of Israel. And you shall know that I am the LORD.
39. As for you, O house of Israel,” thus says the Lord GOD, “Go everyone and serve his idols, but later, you will surely hearken to Me, and no longer profane My Holy name with your gifts and idols.
40. For in My holy mountain, in the mountain height of Israel,” says the Lord GOD, “there all the house of Israel, all of those in the land, shall serve Me. There will I receive them, and there will I ask for your offerings and the firstfruits of your offerings, with all your holy things.
41. I will receive you with your sweet savour when I bring you out from the people and gather you out of the lands into which you have been scattered among them. And I will be sanctified in you before the nations.
42. And you shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall bring you into the land of Israel, into the land which I lifted up My hand to give to your fathers.
43. And there you shall remember your ways and all your doings in which you have been defiled. And you shall loathe yourselves in your own sight for all your evils which you have committed.
44. And you shall know that I am the LORD when I deal with you for My name’s sake, not according to your wicked ways nor according to your corrupt doings, O house of Israel,” says the Lord GOD.’ ”
45. And the Word of the LORD came to me, saying,
46. “Son of man, set your face toward the south, and drop a word toward the south, and prophesy against the forest of the field in the south.
47. And say to the forest of the south, ‘Hear the Word of the LORD. Thus says the Lord GOD, “Behold, I will kindle a fire in you, and it shall burn up every green tree in you, and every dry tree among you. The blazing flame shall not be put out, and all faces from the south to the north shall be burned by it.
48. And all flesh shall see that I the LORD have kindled it. It shall not be put out.” ‘ ”
49. And I said, “Ah, Lord GOD! They say of me, ‘Does he not speak in parables?’ ”
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved