1. And the Word of the LORD came to me, saying,
2. “Son of man, set your face toward Jerusalem, and preach against the holy places, and prophesy against the land of Israel.
3. And say to the land of Israel, ‘Thus says the LORD, “Behold, I am against you, and will draw My sword out of its sheath and will cut off from you the righteous and the wicked.
4. Since I will cut off both the righteous and the wicked from you, therefore My sword shall be drawn from its sheath against all flesh from the south to the north,
5. Thus all flesh shall know that I, the LORD, have drawn out My sword from its sheath. It shall not be sheathed again.” ‘
6. And therefore you, son of man, sigh with the breaking of your heart; and groan with bitterness before their eyes.
7. And it will be when they say to you, ‘Why do you sigh?’ You shall answer, ‘Because of the news that it is coming; and every heart shall melt, and all hands shall be feeble, and every spirit shall faint, and all knees shall be weak as water.’ Behold, it comes, and it shall be done,” says the Lord GOD.
8. And the Word of the LORD came to me, saying,
9. “Son of man, prophesy and say, ‘Thus says the LORD.’ Say, ‘A sword, a sword is sharpened and also polished.
10. It is sharpened in order to make a slaughter; it is polished so that it may glitter. Or shall we make mirth against the rod of My son, despising every tree?
11. And He has given it to be polished, to be taken by the hand. The sword, it is sharpened, and it is polished, to give it into the hand of the slayer.’
12. Cry and howl, son of man; for it shall be upon My people; it shall be upon all the princes of Israel: terrors by reason of the sword shall be upon My people; therefore slap your thigh.
13. Because it is a trial, and what if the sword even despises the rod? It shall be no more,” says the Lord GOD.
14. “And you, son of man, prophesy and strike your hands together; and let the sword be doubled the third time, the sword of the slain. It is the sword of great slaughter, closing in on them from every side;
15. So that their heart may melt, and many stumble at all their gates, I have given the threatening sword. Ah! It is made like lightning; it is wrapped up for the slaughter.
16. Sharpen yourself on the right! Set yourself on the left, wherever your edge is set.
17. And also I, even I, will strike My hands together, and I will cause My fury to rest. I the LORD have spoken it.”
18. The Word of the LORD came to me saying,
19. “And you, son of man, set for yourself two ways, for the sword of the king of Babylon to come. Both of them shall come out of one land. And make a sign at the head of the way to the city.
20. You shall make a way that the sword may enter into Rabbah of the Ammonites, and into Judah, into fortified Jerusalem.
21. For the king of Babylon shall stand at the parting of the way, at the head of the two highways, to practice divination. He shall shake arrows; he shall ask household idols; he shall look at the liver.
22. At his right hand shall be the divining for Jerusalem, to set battering rams, to open the mouth for the slaughter, to lift up the voice with shouting, to set battering rams against the gates, to pour out and to build a siege wall.
23. And it shall be to them a false divination in their eyes, those who have sworn solemn oaths. But He brings iniquity to remembrance, that they may be captured.
24. Therefore thus says the LORD God, ‘Because you have made your iniquity to be remembered, in that your transgressions are discovered, in that your sins are revealed in all your deeds; because you have been remembered, you shall be taken with the hand.
25. And you, O wicked and profane prince of Israel, whose day has come, whose iniquity shall have an end.
26. Thus says the Lord GOD, “Remove the diadem, and take off the crown. This shall not be as it was. Exalt the low one, and abase the high one.
27. I will overturn, overturn, overturn it. Also this shall not be until the coming of Him whose right it is. And I will give it to Him.” ‘
28. And you, son of man, prophesy and say, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD concerning the Ammonites, and concerning their reproach.’ Even say, ‘The sword, the sword is drawn, polished for slaughter to make an end, that it may be like lightning;
29. While they see false visions for you, while they divine a lie to you, to lay you on the necks of the wicked that are to be slain, whose day has come in the time of final punishment.
30. Return it to its sheath. In the place where you were created, in the land of your origin, I will judge you.
31. And I will pour out My indignation on you; with the fire of My wrath I will blow against you, and give you into the hand of brutal men who are skillful to destroy.
32. You shall be for fuel to the fire. Your blood shall be in the midst of the land. You shall be remembered no more; for I the LORD have spoken it.’ ”
HRthe holy places,H4720
HCHVqq2msto the landH127
HRHSp2fsand will drawH3318
HNcfscHSp1csout of its sheathH8593
HRHNcbscHSp3fsand will cut offH3772
HAamsaand the wicked.H7563
HTrI will cut offH3772
HAamsaand the wickedH7563
HNcfscHSp1csshall be drawnH3318
HVqi3fsfrom its sheathH8593
HNcmsafrom the southH5045
HRHNcmsato the north,H6828
HNphave drawn outH3318
HNcfscHSp1csfrom its sheath.H8593
HRHNcbscHSp3fsIt shall notH3808
And therefore you,H859
HVNv2mswith the breakingH7670
HRHNcmscof your heart;H4975
HCHRHNcfsabefore their eyes.H5869
And it will beH1961
HVNrmsaYou shall answer,H559
HCit is coming;H935
HNcbdashall be feeble,H7503
HNcfdashall be weakH3212
HVqrfsaand it shall be done,"H1961
It is sharpenedH2300
HVqcit is polishedH4803
HRit may glitter.H1300
HCshall we make mirthH7797
HVqi1cpagainst the rodH7626
HNcmscof My son,H1121
And He has givenH5414
HToHSp3fsto be polished,H4803
HRHVqcto be takenH8610
HRHVqcby the hand.H3709
HToHSp3fsinto the handH3027
HRHNcbscof the slayer.'H2026
HVqp3fsupon My people;H5971
HPp3fsshall beupon allH3605
HVqsmpcby reason ofH413
HCit isa trial,H974
HCthe sword evenH1571
HNcmsaIt shall beH1961
HNcfsaand let the swordH2719
HAofsaHShtime, the swordH2719
HNcfscof the slain.H2491
HAamsaclosing in on themHl
HRHSp3mpfrom every side;H2314
HNcmpcHSp3mpI have givenH5414
HTjIt is madeH6213
HRHNcmsait is wrapped upH4593
HAafsafor the slaughter.H2874
HPp1csevenI, will strikeH5221
HNcfscHSp1csand I will cause My furyH2534
HNcbpafor the swordH2719
HNcfscof the kingH4428
HRHVqcBoth of themH8147
HAcmdcHSp3mpshall come outH3318
HCHNcbsaat the headH7218
HRHNcmscof the wayH1870
HNcbscto the city.H5892
You shall makeH7760
HNcbsathat the swordH2719
HNpof the Ammonites,H1121
HNcfscof the way,H1870
HTdHNcbsaat the headH7218
HRHNcmscof the twoH8147
HNcmsaHe shall shakeH7043
HRdHNcmpahe shall askH7592
HRdHNcmpahe shall lookH7200
HVqp3msat the liver.H3516
At his right handH3225
HNcmsafor the slaughter,H7524
HRHNcmsato lift upH7311
HNcmpato pour outH8210
HNcfsaand to buildH1129
HRHVqca siege wall.H1785
And it shall beH1961
HRHNcmscin their eyes,H5869
HRHNcbdcHSp3mpthose who haveHl
HVhrmsathat they may be captured.H8610
HCyou have made your iniquityH5771
HNcbscHSp2mpto be remembered,H2142
HVhcHSp2mpin that your transgressionsH6588
HRHVNcin that your sinsH2403
HCyou have been remembered,H2142
HVNcHSp2mpyou shall be takenH8610
HVNi2mpwith the hand.H3709
HNcbscshall have an end.H7093
HTdHNcfsaand take offH7311
HTnbeas it was.H2063
HTdHAafsaone, and abaseH8213
HVhcthe high one.H1364
I will overturn,H5754
HTdHNcmsait is. And I will give it to Him."H5414
HRHNcmsato make an end,H398
HRit may belike lightning;H1300
While they see falseH7723
HRHSp2fswhile they divineH7080
HNcmpcof the wickedH7563
HAampathat are to be slain,H2491
HVqp3msin the timeH6256
HNcbscHSp3fsIn the placeH4725
HTryou were created,H1254
HVNp2fsin the landH776
HRHNcbscof your origin,H4351
HNcfpcHSp2fsI will judgeH8199
And I will pour outH8210
HRHSp2fswith the fireH784
HRHNcbscof My wrathH5678
HNcfscHSp1csI will blowH6315
HRHSp2fsand give youH5414
HCHVqq1csHSp2fsinto the handH3027
HNcmpawho are skillfulH2796
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved