1. And the Word of the LORD came to me, saying,
2. “Son of man, set your face against Mount Seir and prophesy against it.
3. And say unto it, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD, “Behold, O Mount Seir, I am against you, and I will stretch out My hand against you, and I will make you a desolation and a waste.
4. I will raze your cities, and you shall be desolate, and you shall know that I am the LORD.
5. Because you have had a perpetual hatred, and have delivered the children of Israel unto the power of the sword at the time of their calamity, at the time of their final punishment,
6. Therefore, as I live,” says the Lord GOD, “I will prepare you for blood, and blood shall pursue you. Since you have not hated blood, even blood shall pursue you.
7. Thus I will make Mount Seir most desolate, and cut off from it the one passing through, and the one returning.
8. And I will fill his mountains with his slain. In your hills, and your valleys, and all your rivers, those slain with the sword shall fall in them.
9. I will make you a perpetual desolation forever, and your cities shall not be inhabited. And you shall know that I am the LORD.
10. Because you have said, ‘These two nations and these two lands shall be mine, and we shall possess it;’ yet the LORD was there;
11. Therefore, as I live,” says the Lord GOD, “I will even do according to your anger and according to your envy which you have shown out of your hatred against them. And I will make Myself known among them when I have judged you.
12. And you shall know that I am the LORD. I have heard all your blasphemies which you have spoken against the mountains of Israel, saying, ‘Because they are laid desolate, they are given to us to consume.’
13. So with your mouth you have boasted yourself against Me, and have multiplied your words against Me. I have heard them.”
14. Thus says the Lord GOD, “The whole earth rejoices when I shall make you a desolation.
15. As you rejoiced at the inheritance of the house of Israel because of its desolation, so I will do unto you. You shall be a desolation, O Mount Seir and all Idumea, even all of it. And they shall know that I am the LORD.” ’ ”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved