1. “Also, son of man, prophesy to the mountains of Israel, and say, ‘O mountains of Israel, hear the Word of the LORD.
2. Thus says the Lord GOD, “Because the enemy has said against you, ‘Aha! Even the old high places have become a possession to us.’ ” ’
3. Therefore prophesy and say, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD, “Because of the wasting and crushing of you from every side, that you might be a possession to the rest of the nations, and you were lifted up on the tip of the tongue, and are infamous among the people;”
4. Therefore, O mountains of Israel, hear the Word of the Lord GOD. Thus says the Lord GOD to the mountains, and to the hills, to the rivers, and to the valleys, to the deserted wastes, and to the cities that are forsaken, which became a prey and a mockery to the rest of the nations all around.
5. Therefore thus says the Lord GOD, Surely in the fire of My jealousy I have spoken against the rest of the nations, and against all Idumea, who have appointed My land to themselves for a possession with all joy of heart, with utter contempt, that they might drive them out and plunder them.” ‘
6. So prophesy concerning the land of Israel, and say to the mountains and to the hills, to the rivers and to the valleys, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD, “Behold, I have spoken in My jealousy and in My fury because you have borne the shame of the nations.”
7. Therefore thus says the Lord GOD, “I have lifted up My hand; surely the nations around you shall bear their shame.
8. But you, O mountains of Israel, you shall put out your branches and yield your fruit to My people Israel; for they will soon return.
9. For, behold, I am for you, and I will turn unto you, and you shall be tilled and sown.
10. And I will multiply men on you, all the house of Israel, all of it. And the cities shall have people, and the wastes shall be rebuilt.
11. And I will multiply men and beasts upon you, and they shall increase and be fruitful. And I will make you dwell after your old estates, and I will do better to you than at your beginnings. And you shall know that I am the LORD.
12. Yea, I will cause men to walk upon you, even My people Israel. And they shall possess you, and you shall be their inheritance, and shall no longer bereave them of their children.”
13. Thus says the Lord GOD, “Because they say to you, ‘You are a devourer of men, and you have been bereaved of your nations;’
14. Therefore you shall devour men no more, nor shall you bereave your nations any more,” says the Lord GOD.
15. “Nor will I allow you to hear the shame of the nations any more, nor shall you bear the reproach of the people any more, nor shall you cause your nations to stumble any more,” says the Lord GOD.’ ”
16. And the Word of the LORD came to me, saying,
17. “Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their own ways and by their doings, even as the uncleanness of a woman’s impurity was their way before Me.
18. Therefore I poured My fury upon them because of the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idols by which they defiled it.
19. And I scattered them among the nations, and they were scattered throughout the countries. I judged them according to their ways and according to their doings.
20. And when they came unto the nations where they went, they even profaned My holy name in that it was said of them, ‘These are the people of the LORD, and they are gone out of His land.’
21. But I had pity for My holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the nations where they were exiled.
22. Therefore say to the house of Israel, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD, “I do not do this for your sake, O house of Israel, but for My holy name’s sake, which you have profaned among the nations where you went.
23. And I will sanctify My great name, which was profaned among the nations, which you have profaned in their midst. And the nations shall know that I am the LORD,” says the Lord GOD, “when I shall be sanctified in you before their very eyes.
24. For I will take you from among the nations and gather you out of all countries, and will gather you into your own land.
25. And I will sprinkle clean waters upon you, and you shall be clean. I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from your idols.
26. And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit within you. And I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh.
27. And I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you shall keep My ordinances and do them.
28. And you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers. And you shall be My people, and I will be your God.
29. I will also save you from all your uncleannesses, and I will call for the grain, and will increase it, and will lay no famine upon you.
30. And I will multiply the fruits of the tree and the increase of the field, so that you shall never again receive the curse of famine among the nations.
31. And you shall remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall loathe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations.
32. I do not do this for your sake,” says the Lord GOD, “be it known to you. Be ashamed and confounded for your ways, O house of Israel.”
33. Thus says the Lord GOD, “In the day that I cleanse you from all your iniquities, I will also cause you to dwell in the cities, and the waste places shall be rebuilt.
34. And the waste land shall be tilled, instead of being desolate before all who pass by.
35. And they shall say, ‘This land that was desolate has become like the garden of Eden. And the wasted, desolate and ruined cities now are fenced and inhabited.’
36. And the nations that are left all around you shall know that I the LORD build the ruined places and planted that which was desolate. I the LORD have spoken it, and I will do it.”
37. Thus says the Lord GOD, “I will yet be sought by the house of Israel to act for them. I will increase them with men like a flock.
38. As a holy flock, as the flock of Jerusalem in her appointed feasts, so shall the waste cities be filled with flocks of men. And they shall know that I am the LORD.” ’ ”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved