2. And I went up according to revelation, and laid before them the gospel that I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to those of repute, lest by any means I should be running, or had run in vain.
3. (But indeed, Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was not compelled to be circumcised.)
4. Now this meeting was private because of false brethren brought in secretly, who came in by stealth to spy out our freedom which we have in Christ Jesus, in order that they might bring us into bondage;
5. To whom we did not yield in subjection, not even for one hour, so that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.
6. But the gospel that I preach did not come from those reputed to be something. (Whatever they were does not make any difference to me; God does not accept the person of a man.) For those who are of repute conferred nothing upon me.
7. But on the contrary, after seeing that I had been entrusted with the gospel of the uncircumcision, exactly as Peter had been entrusted with the gospel of the circumcision;
9. And after recognizing the grace that was given to me, James and Cephas and John—those reputed to be pillars—gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship, affirming that we should go to the Gentiles, and they to the circumcision.
12. For before certain ones came from James, he was eating with the Gentiles. However, when they came, he drew back and separated himself from the Gentiles, being afraid of those of the circumcision party.
13. And the rest of the Jews joined him in this hypocritical act, insomuch that even Barnabas was carried away with their hypocrisy.
14. But when I saw that they did not walk uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter in the presence of them all, “If you, being a Jew, are living like the Gentiles, and not according to Judaism, why do you compel the Gentiles to judaize? (see Appendix R)
15. We who are Jews by nature—and not sinners of the Gentiles—
16. Knowing that a man is not justified by works of law (see Appendix R), but through the faith of Jesus Christ, we also have believed in Christ Jesus in order that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by works of law; because by works of law shall no flesh be justified.
17. Now then, if we are seeking to be justified in Christ, and we ourselves are found to be sinners, is Christ then the minister of sin? MAY IT NEVER BE!
18. For if I build again those things that I destroyed, I am making myself a transgressor.
20. I have been crucified with Christ, yet I live. Indeed, it is no longer I; but Christ lives in me. For the life that I am now living in the flesh, I live by faith—that very faith of the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself for me.
21. I do not nullify the grace of God; for if righteousness is through works of law (see Appendix R), then Christ died in vain.”
N-ASM-Pwith me also.G2532
CONJI went upG305
V-PAP-DPMlest by any meansG3381
CONJI should be running,G5143
CONJthis meeting was private because ofG1223
N-APMbrought in secretly,G3920
R-NPMcame in by stealthG3922
V-2AAI-3Pto spy outG2684
N-DSM-Pin order thatG2443
CONJthey might bring usG2248
R-DPMwe did not yieldG1502
CONJthe gospel that I preach did not come fromG575
A-ASNmake any differenceG1308
N-ASNof a man.)G444
T-NPMare of reputeG1380
CONJon the contrary,G5121
CONJI had been entrustedG4100
N-NSM-Phad been entrusted with the gospel of theG3588
N-DSM-Pthe right handsG1188
P-1NPshould go toG1519
V-IXI-3Sto be condemned;G2607
N-GSM-Phe was eatingG4906
V-2AAI-3Phe drew backG5288
F-3ASMfrom the Gentiles, being afraidG5399
PREPthe circumcision party.G4061
A-NPMof the JewsG2453
P-DSMin this hypocritical act,G4942
N-NSM-Pwas carried awayG4879
CONJthey did notG3756
N-DSMin the presence ofG1715
V-PAI-2Slike the Gentiles,G1483
PRT-Naccording to Judaism,G2452
I-ASNdo you compelG315
N-ASM-Pin order thatG2443
CONJwe might be justifiedG1344
CONJwe are seekingG2212
V-PAP-NPMto be justifiedG1344
P-NPMare found to beG2147
N-NSM-Tthen the ministerG1249
N-GSFMAY IT NEVERG3361
I have been crucifiedG4957
V-PAI-1SIndeed, it is noG3756
R-ASNthat I am nowG3568
T-DSFvery faith of theG3588
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved