1. Now then, I say, for as long a time as the heir is a child, he is no different from a servant, although he be lord of all;
2. But he is under guardians and stewards until the time appointed beforehand by the father.
3. In the same way, when we were children, we were held in bondage under the elements of the world.
7. So then, you are no longer a servant, but a son. And if a son, you are also an heir of God through Christ.
9. But on the other hand, after having known God—rather, after having been known by God—how is it that you are turning again to the weak and impotent elements, to which you again desire to be in bondage?
10. You are of your own selves observing days, and months, and times and years.
12. Brethren, I beseech you, be as I am, for I also am as you are: you have not wronged me in anything.
13. Now you know that at first I preached the gospel to you in the weakness of the flesh;
14. And the temptation—namely, my trial in my flesh—you despised not, nor rejected with contempt; rather, you received me as a messenger of God, even as Christ Jesus Himself.
15. What then was your blessedness? For I bear you witness that, if it were possible, you would have plucked out your eyes and given them to me.
16. Now then, in speaking the truth to you, have I become your enemy?
17. They are zealous after you, but not for good; rather, they desire to exclude you, in order that you may be zealous after them.
18. Now it is right to be zealous in a right thing at all times, and not only when I am present with you.
20. I desire to be with you now, and to change my voice, because I am at a loss concerning you.
22. For it is written that Abraham had two sons: one by the maidservant, and one by the free woman.
23. Now on the one hand, he who came from the maidservant was born according to the flesh; but on the other hand, he who came from the free woman was born according to the promise;
24. Which things are allegorical, because these are the two covenants. The one from Mount Sinai, which is Hagar, is engendering bondage;
25. Because the Mount Sinai covenant is likened to Hagar in Arabia, and corresponds to the present Jerusalem; and she is in bondage with her children.
26. But the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all;
27. For it is written, “Rejoice, O barren who did not bear! Break forth and cry, you who were not travailing, because many more are the children of the desolate than of her who has the husband.”
28. Now we, brethren, like Isaac, are the children of promise.
29. But as it was then, so also it is now: he who was born according to the flesh persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit.
30. Nevertheless, what does the scripture say? “Cast out the maidservant and her son; for in no way shall the son of the maidservant inherit the promise with the son of the free woman.”
31. So then, brethren, we are not children of the maidservant, but of the free woman.
V-PAI-1Sfor as long a time asG1909
A-NSMhe is noG3762
V-PAI-3Sfrom a servant,G1401
N-GSMalthough he beG5607
In the sameG2532
V-IMI-1Pheld in bondageG1402
N-NSMhas sent forthG1821
N-NSMyou are alsoG2532
CONJon the one hand,G3303
ADVyou did notG3756
N-ASMyou were in bondageG1398
V-AAI-2Pto those whoG3588
CONJon the other hand,G3568
ADVafter having knownG1097
CONJafter having been knownG1097
ADVis it that you are turningG1994
V-PAI-2Pto be in bondage?G1398
P-2NPare: you have not wrongedG91
CONJ-Nrejected with contempt;G1609
CONJI bear youG5213
CONJit were possible,G1415
A-NSNyou would have plucked outG1846
N-APMand given themG1325
They are zealousG2206
P-2APin order thatG2443
CONJyou may be zealousG2206
CONJit is rightG2570
T-NSNto be zealousG2206
PREPa right thingG2570
A-DSNat all times,G3842
CONJI am at a lossG639
CONJit is writtenG1125
CONJon the one hand,G3303
N-ASFbut on the other hand,G1161
A-GSFwas born according toG1223
V-PXI-3Slikened to HagarG28
CONJshe is in bondageG1398
CONJit is written,G1125
CONJof her whoG3588
CONJit was then,G5119
CONJit is now:G3568
T-ASMwas born according toG2596
PRT-Nway shall theG3588
V-FAI-3Sthe promise withG3326
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved