2. Behold, I, Paul, tell you that if you become circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing!
4. You who are attempting to be justified by works of law, (see Appendix R) you are being deprived of any spiritual effect from Christ. You have fallen from grace!
5. For we through the Spirit are waiting for the hope of righteousness by faith;
6. Because in Christ Jesus neither is circumcision of any force, nor uncircumcision; rather, it is the inner working of faith through love.
7. You were running well. Who hindered you, persuading you not to obey the truth?
8. This persuasion is not coming from Him who calls you.
9. A little leaven leavens the whole lump.
10. I am persuaded concerning you in the Lord that you will be otherwise minded; and he who troubles you shall bear the judgment, whoever he may be.
11. But I, brethren, if I still proclaim circumcision, why am I yet being persecuted? Then the offense of the cross has been taken away.
13. For you have been called unto freedom, brethren; only do not use this freedom for an occasion to the flesh; rather, serve one another with love.
15. But if you bite and devour one another, watch out lest you be consumed by one another.
17. For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these things are opposed to each other, so that you cannot do those things you wish to do.
20. Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, strifes, jealousies, indignations, contentions, divisions, sects,
21. Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revelings, and such things as these; concerning which I am telling you beforehand, even as I have also said in the past, that those who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
24. But those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts.
25. If we live by the Spirit, we should also be walking by the Spirit.
26. We should not become vain-glorious, provoking one another and envying one another.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved