1. Therefore, stand fast in the liberty wherewith Christ has made us free, and do not be held again in a yoke of bondage.
2. Behold, I, Paul, tell you that if you become circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing!
3. Again, I am personally testifying to every man who is being circumcised that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
4. You who are attempting to be justified by works of law, (see Appendix R) you are being deprived of any spiritual effect from Christ. You have fallen from grace!
5. For we through the Spirit are waiting for the hope of righteousness by faith;
6. Because in Christ Jesus neither is circumcision of any force, nor uncircumcision; rather, it is the inner working of faith through love.
7. You were running well. Who hindered you, persuading you not to obey the truth?
8. This persuasion is not coming from Him who calls you.
9. A little leaven leavens the whole lump.
10. I am persuaded concerning you in the Lord that you will be otherwise minded; and he who troubles you shall bear the judgment, whoever he may be.
11. But I, brethren, if I still proclaim circumcision, why am I yet being persecuted? Then the offense of the cross has been taken away.
12. I would that they would even make themselves eunuchs—those who are throwing you into confusion.
13. For you have been called unto freedom, brethren; only do not use this freedom for an occasion to the flesh; rather, serve one another with love.
14. For the whole law is fulfilled in this commandment: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
15. But if you bite and devour one another, watch out lest you be consumed by one another.
16. Now this I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
17. For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these things are opposed to each other, so that you cannot do those things you wish to do.
18. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under works of law.
19. Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, licentiousness,
20. Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, strifes, jealousies, indignations, contentions, divisions, sects,
21. Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revelings, and such things as these; concerning which I am telling you beforehand, even as I have also said in the past, that those who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith,
23. Meekness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
24. But those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts.
25. If we live by the Spirit, we should also be walking by the Spirit.
26. We should not become vain-glorious, provoking one another and envying one another.
N-NSM-Thas made usG2248
ADVin a yokeG2218
CONJyou become circumcised,G4059
ADVI am personally testifyingG3143
N-DSMwho is being circumcisedG4059
R-NPMare attempting to be justifiedG1344
PREPworks of law,G3551
N-DSMyou are being deprivedG2673
V-API-2Pof any spiritual effect fromG575
N-GSM-TYou have fallenG1601
P-1NPthrough the SpiritG4151
V-PNI-1Pfor the hopeG1680
CONJit is the inner workingG1754
You were runningG5143
P-2APpersuading you notG3361
P-2APwill be otherwiseG3762
V-PAP-NSMyou shall bearG941
R-NSMhe may be.G302
I-ASNam I yetG2089
N-GSMhas been taken away.G2673
I would thatG3785
PRTthey would evenG2532
CONJmake themselves eunuchs—G609
T-NPMare throwing youG5209
P-2NPhave been calledG2564
T-DSM"You shall loveG25
PRT-Nyou be consumedG355
V-PAM-2Pby the Spirit,G4151
CONJyou will notG3756
N-ASFof the flesh.G4561
V-PNI-3Sto each other,G240
PRT-Ndo those thingsG5023
CONJyou are ledG71
V-PPI-2Pby the Spirit,G4151
PREPworks of law.G3551
R-APNI am tellingG4302
P-2DPbeforehand, even asG2531
CONJI have alsoG2532
CONJsaid in the past,G4277
V-PAI-1Pby the Spirit,G4151
N-DSNwe should alsoG2532
V-PAS-1Pby the Spirit.G4151
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved