1. Then again Abraham took a wife, and her name was Keturah.
2. And she bore him Zimran, and Jokshan, and Medan, and Midian, and Ishbak, and Shuah.
3. And Jokshan begat Sheba and Dedan. And the sons of Dedan were Asshurim and Letushim and Leummim.
4. And the sons of Midian: Ephah and Epher and Hanoch and Abida and Eldaah. All these were the sons of Keturah.
5. And Abraham gave all that he had to Isaac.
6. But to the sons of the concubines which Abraham had, Abraham gave gifts. And he sent them away from Isaac his son while he still lived, eastward to the east country.
7. And these are the days of the years of Abraham’s life, which he lived: a hundred seventy-five years.
8. And Abraham expired and died in a good old age, old and satisfied. And he was gathered to his people.
9. And his sons Isaac and Ishmael buried him in the cave of Machpelah, in the field of Ephron the son of Zohar the Hittite, which is before Mamre,
10. The field which Abraham bought from the sons of Heth. Abraham and Sarah his wife were buried there.
11. And after the death of Abraham, it came to pass that God blessed his son Isaac. And Isaac lived by The Well of the Living One, My Beholder.
12. And these are the generations of Ishmael, Abraham’s son, whom Hagar the Egyptian, Sarah’s handmaid, bore to Abraham.
13. And these are the names of the sons of Ishmael, by their names, according to their generations. The firstborn of Ishmael was Nebajoth; and Kedar, and Adbeel, and Mibsam,
14. And Mishma, and Dumah, and Massa,
15. Hadad, and Tema and Jetur, Naphish, and Kedemah.
16. These were the sons of Ishmael, and these were their names by their towns and by their settlements; twelve chiefs according to their nations.
17. And these were the years of the life of Ishmael, a hundred thirty-seven years. And he expired and died, and was gathered to his people.
18. And they lived from Havilah to Shur, which is before Egypt, as you go toward Assyria. And he died in the presence of all his brethren.
19. And these were the generations of Isaac, Abraham’s son. Abraham begat Isaac.
20. And Isaac was forty years old when he took Rebekah to wife, the daughter of Bethuel the Syrian of Padan Aram, the sister of Laban the Syrian.
21. And Isaac prayed to the LORD for his wife because she was barren. And the LORD heard him, and Rebekah his wife conceived.
22. And the sons struggled together within her. And she said, “If it is well, why am I this way?” And she went to inquire of the LORD.
23. And the LORD said to her, “Two nations are in your womb, and two kinds of people shall be separated from your belly. And the one people shall be stronger than the other people, the older shall serve the younger.”
24. And when her days to be delivered were fulfilled, behold, twins were in her womb!
25. And the first came out red, like a hairy garment all over. And they called his name Esau.
26. And after that his brother came out, and his hand took hold on Esau’s heel. And his name was called Jacob. And Isaac was sixty years old when she bore them.
27. And the boys grew. And Esau was a skilled hunter, a man of the field. And Jacob was a quiet or a plainman compared to hairy Esau. man, living in tents.
28. And Isaac loved Esau because he ate of his venison. But Rebekah loved Jacob.
29. And Jacob boiled soup. And Esau came from the field, and he was faint.
30. And Esau said to Jacob, “I beg you, let me eat of the red, this red soup, for I am faint.” Therefore, his name was called Edom. Edom means “red”
31. And Jacob said, “Sell me your birthright today.”
32. And Esau said, “Behold, I am at the point of dying, and what profit shall this birthright be to me?”
33. And Jacob said, “Swear to me this day.” And he swore to him, and he sold his birthright to Jacob.
34. Then Jacob gave Esau bread and soup of lentils. And he ate and drank, and rose up and went his way. Thus did Esau despise his birthright.
HNcfsaand her nameH8034
And she boreH3205
HNpAnd the sonsH1121
And the sonsH1121
But to the sonsH1121
HCHRHNcmpcof the concubinesH6370
HNcfpaAnd he sent them awayH7971
HNcmscHSp3mswhile he stillH5750
HNcmpcof the yearsH8141
HCHVqw3msin a goodH2896
HCHAamsaAnd he was gatheredH622
And his sonsH1121
HNpit came to passH1961
HRThe Well of the Living One, My Beholder.H883
HNcmpcof the sonsH1121
HNpby their names,H8034
HRHNcmpcHSp3mpaccording to their generations.H8435
HNcmpcHSp3mpby their townsH2691
HRHNcbpcHSp3mpand by their settlements;H2918
HNcmpaaccording to their nations.H523
HAcmdcof the lifeH2416
HNcfpaAnd he expiredH1478
HCHVqw3msand was gatheredH622
And they livedH7931
HNpHSdAnd he diedH5307
HNcmscwhen he tookH3947
HTdHNgmsaof Padan Aram,H6307
HCHVqw3msto the LORDH3068
HAafsaAnd the LORDH3068
And the sonsH1121
HRHNcmscHSp3fsAnd she said,H559
HPdxmsAnd she wentH3212
HToof the LORD.H3068
And the LORDH3068
HNcmpaarein your womb,H990
HCHAcmdckinds of peopleH3816
HNcmpashall be separatedH6504
HVNi3mpfrom your belly.H4578
HRHNcmpcHSp2fsAnd the one peopleH3816
HCHNcmsashall be strongerH553
HVqi3msthan the other people,H3816
And when her daysH3117
HNcmpcHSp3fsto be deliveredH3205
HNcmpawerein her womb!H990
And the firstH7223
HAamsalike a hairyH8181
HNcmscHSp3msover. And they calledH7121
HVqp3msand his handH3027
HRHNcmscAnd his nameH8034
HNcmscwhen she boreH3205
And the boysH5288
HNcmsaof the field.H7704
HNcmscwas a quietH8535
HRHNcmscHSp3msof his venison.H6718
HNp"I beg you,H4994
HTelet me eatH3938
HPp1csamat the pointH1980
HNcbsabe to me?"Hl
HRdHNcmsaAnd he sworeH7650
HRHSp3msand he soldH4376
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved