2. Having our minds fixed on Jesus, the Beginner and Finisher of our faith; Who for the joy that lay ahead of Him endured the cross, although He despised the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
3. Now meditate deeply on Him Who endured such great hostility of sinners against Himself so that you do not become weary and faint in your minds.
4. You have not yet resisted to the point of losing blood in your struggle against sin.
7. If you endure chastening, God is dealing with you as a Father with His sons. For who is the son whom the Father does not chasten?
8. But if you are without chastisement, of which all are partakers, then you are bastards and not sons.
9. Furthermore, we have had our fleshly fathers who chastened us, and we respected them; should we not all the more willingly be subject to the Father of spirits, and live forever?
10. For in the first case, they chastened us for a few days in whatever way seemed good to them; but in the second case, He chastens us for our own benefit that we may be partakers of His holiness.
11. Now truly, no chastisement for the present seems to be joyous, but grievous; nevertheless, afterwards it yields the peaceable fruits of righteousness to those who have been exercised by it.
12. Therefore, lift up the hands that are hanging down, and revive the weakened knees;
13. And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned aside; but let it rather be healed.
14. Pursue peace with everyone, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord;
15. Looking diligently, lest anyone fall from the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and through this many be defiled;
16. Lest there be any fornicator or godless person, as Esau, who for one meal sold his birthright;
17. Because you also know that afterwards, when he wished to inherit the blessing, he was rejected; and he found no room for repentance, although he sought it earnestly with tears.
18. For you have not come to the mount that could be touched and that burned with fire, nor to gloominess, and fearful darkness, and the whirlwind;
19. And to the sound of the trumpet, and to the voice of the words, which those who heard, begged that the word not be spoken directly to them.
20. (For they could not endure what was being commanded: “And if even an animal touches the mountain, it shall be stoned, or shot through with an arrow”;
21. And so terrifying was the sight that Moses said, “I am greatly afraid and trembling”.)
23. To the joyous festival gathering; and to the church of the firstborn, registered in the book of life in heaven; and to God, the Judge of all; and to the spirits of the just who have been perfected;
24. And to Jesus, the Mediator of the New Covenant; and to sprinkling of the blood of ratification, proclaiming superior things than that of Abel.
25. Beware that you do not refuse to hear Him Who is speaking! For if they did not escape judgment, who refused to hear the One Who was on the earth divinely instructing them, how much more severely will we be judged, if we ourselves apostatize from Him Who speaks from heaven;
26. Whose voice then shook the earth, but now He has promised, saying, “Yet once more I will shake not only the earth, but heaven also.”
27. Now the words “once more” signify the removing of the things being shaken, as of things that were made, so that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.
28. Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us have grace, through which we may serve God in a pleasing manner with reverence and awe;
29. For our God is indeed a consuming fire.
CONJsince we areG2192
P-1DPsuch a greatG5118
N-ASFthat so easily entrapsG2139
A-ASFus; and let us runG5143
Having our minds fixedG872
N-GSFthat lay aheadG4295
N-ASMalthough He despisedG2706
CONJhas sat downG2523
PREPthe right handG1188
V-ADM-2Pon Him WhoG3588
CONJyou do notG3361
CONJyou have already forgottenG1585
N-GSFof the Lord,G2962
V-PPM-2Sof being reprovedG1651
CONJHe severely disciplinesG3146
CONJa Father with His sons.G5207
PRTwe have hadG2192
CONJwe respected them;G1788
V-IPI-1Pshould we notG3756
PRT-Nall the moreG4183
CONJin the second case, He chastens usG3588
T-ASNwe may be partakersG3335
N-GSFto those whoG3588
T-DPMhave been exercisedG1128
A-NSNbe turned aside;G1624
CONJlet it ratherG3123
PRT-Nthere be anyG5100
CONJyou also knowG2467
ADVwhen he wishedG2309
N-ASFhe was rejected;G593
V-API-3Sand he foundG2147
CONJyou have notG3756
V-2RAI-2Pto the mountG3735
N-DSNthat could be touchedG5584
CONJto the soundG2279
N-DSMof the trumpet,G4536
CONJto the voiceG5456
N-DSFof the words,G4487
V-ADI-3Pthat the wordG3056
V-APNdirectly to them.G846
CONJthey could notG3756
T-ASNwas being commanded:G1291
V-PPP-ASN"And if evenG2579
N-GSNit shall be stoned,G3036
V-FPI-3Swith an arrow";G1002
CONJyou have comeG4334
CONJto the cityG4172
N-DSFof the livingG2198
CONJto an innumerable companyG3461
To the joyous festival gathering;G3831
CONJto the churchG1577
N-DSFof the firstborn,G4416
PREPthe book of life in heaven;G3772
CONJto the spiritsG4151
N-DPNof the justG1342
A-GPMwho have been perfected;G5048
N-DSMof the NewG3501
N-GSMof the bloodG129
N-DSNof ratification, proclaimingG2980
V-PAM-2Pthat you do notG3361
V-ADS-2Pto hear Him WhoG3588
V-2AAI-3Pjudgment, who refusedG3868
V-ADP-NPMto hear the One WhoG3588
N-GSFdivinely instructing them,G5537
ADVseverely will we be judged,G2249
T-NPMif we ourselves apostatizeG654
T-ASMspeaks from heaven;G3772
ADVHe has promised,G1861
N-ASFof the thingsG3588
CONJof things that were made,G4160
CONJsince we are receivingG3880
N-ASFthat cannot be shaken,G761
A-ASFlet us haveG2192
R-GSFwe may serveG3000
N-DSMin a pleasing mannerG2102
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved