1. Israel was a luxuriant vine, which produced fruit freely. According to the multitude of his fruit, he has increased the altars. Accordingly, they have made beautiful images after the goodness of his land.
2. Their heart is divided; now they shall be guilty. He shall break down their altars, and He shall spoil their images,
3. For now they shall say, “We have no king because we did not fear the LORD; what then should a king do to us?”
4. They have spoken words, swearing falsely in making a covenant. Thus judgment springs up like hemlock in the furrows of the field.
5. Because of the calves of Beth Aven, the people of Samaria shall fear, for its people shall mourn over it, as well as its idolatrous priests who rejoiced over it for its glory, because its glory has departed from it.
6. It shall also be carried to Assyria for a present to King Contentious. Ephraim shall receive shame, and Israel shall be ashamed of his own counsel.
7. As for Samaria, her king is cut off as a bough on the water.
8. Also the high places of Aven, the sin of Israel, shall be destroyed. The thorn and the thistle shall come up on their altars; and they shall say to the mountains, “Cover us,” and to the hills, “Fall on us.”
9. “O Israel, you have sinned from the days of Gibeah. There they stood; war upon the sons of violent deeds shall not overtake them in Gibeah.
10. When I desire, I shall chastise them; and the people shall be gathered against them, when they shall bind themselves to their two perversities.
11. And Ephraim is like a trained heifer, that loves to thresh, and I passed the yoke over her fair neck. I will make Ephraim to ride; Judah shall plow, and Jacob shall break his clods.”
12. Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground, for it is time to seek the LORD, until He comes and rains righteousness on you.
13. You have plowed wickedness; you have reaped iniquity; you have eaten the fruit of lies because you trusted in your way, in the multitude of your mighty men.
14. Therefore a tumult shall arise among your people, and all your fortresses shall be spoiled, as the ruin of Beth Arbel by Shalman in the day of battle. The mother was dashed in pieces with her children.
15. Thus He does to you, Bethel, because of your great wickedness. In a morning the king of Israel shall be utterly cut off.
HNpwas a luxuriantH1238
HRHSp3msAccording to the multitudeH7230
HRHNcbsaof his fruit,H6529
HRHNcmscHSp3mshe has increasedH7235
HRdHNcmpaAccordingly, they have madeH3190
HNcfpaafter the goodnessH2896
HRHAamsaof his land.H776
HDthey shall be guilty.H816
HPp3msshall break downH6202
HNcmpcHSp3mpand He shall spoilH7703
HDthey shall say,H559
HCwe did notH3808
HTishould a kingH4428
They have spokenH1696
HNcmpcof the field.H7704
Because of the calvesH5697
HRHNcfpcof Beth Aven,H1007
HRHSp3msas well as its idolatrous priestsH3649
HCits glory has departedH1540
It shall alsoH1571
HRHNpfor a presentH4503
HNpshall be ashamedH954
HCHVqi3msof his own counsel.H6098
Also the high placesH1116
HNpshall be destroyed.H8045
HNcmsaand the thistleH1863
HCHNcmsashall come upH5927
HNcmpcHSp3mpand they shall sayH559
HCHVqq3cpto the mountains,H2022
HVpv2mpHSp1cpand to the hills,H1389
HNpyou have sinnedH2398
HVqp2msfrom the daysH3117
HNcmpcof violent deedsH5932
When I desire,H185
HRHNcfscHSp1csI shall chastise them;H3256
HCHVqi1csHSp3mpand the peopleH5971
HNcmpashall be gatheredH622
HRHSp3mpwhen they shall bind themselvesH631
HRHVqcHSp3mpto their twoH8147
HCHNpislike a trainedH3925
HCHPp1cspassed the yokeH5674
HNcmscHSp3fsI will make EphraimH669
HNpshall break his clods."H7702
HNcmsafor it is timeH6256
You have plowedH2790
HNcmsayou have reapedH7114
HNcbscHSdyou have eatenH398
HVqp2msin your way,H1870
HRHNcbscHSp2msin the multitudeH7230
HRHNcbscof your mighty men.H1368
Therefore a tumultH7588
HCHVqq3msamong your people,H5971
HNcmpcHSp2msshall be spoiled,H7703
HVQi3msas the ruinH7701
HNpin the dayH3117
HNcfsawas dashed in piecesH7376
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved