1. “When Israel was a child, then I loved him and called My son out of Egypt.
2. The more they called them, the more they went from them. They continued to sacrifice to the Baalim, and burn incense to graven images.
3. I also taught Ephraim to walk; I took them on My arm. But they did not know that I healed them.
4. I drew them with cords of a man, with bands of love; and I was to them as those who take off the yoke on their jaws, and I gently gave food to him.
5. He shall not return to the land of Egypt, but the Assyrian shall be his king because they refused to return to Me.
6. And the sword shall remain on his cities, and shall destroy his branches, and devour them because of their own counsels.
7. And My people are bent on backsliding from Me. Though they called to the Most High, none would at all exalt Him.
8. How shall I give you up, Ephraim? How shall I deliver you, Israel? How shall I make you like Admah? How shall I set you as Zeboiim? My heart is turned within Me; My compassions are kindled together.
9. I will not carry out the heat of My anger; I will not return to destroy Ephraim, for I am God and not man, the Holy One in your midst; and I will not enter into the city.
10. They shall walk after the LORD; He shall roar like a lion. When He shall roar, then the children shall tremble from the west.
11. They shall tremble like a bird out of Egypt, and like a dove out of the land of Assyria. And I will place them in their houses,” says the LORD.
12. “Ephraim circles around Me with lying, and the house of Israel with deceit. And Judah is still wayward toward God, and toward the Holy One, Who is faithful.”
The more they calledH7121
HRHNcbpcHSp3mpThey continued to sacrificeH2076
HVpi3mpto the Baalim,H1168
HRdHNpand burn incenseH6999
HVpi3mpHSnto graven images.H6456
HCHPp1csalso taught EphraimH669
HVcp1csI took themH3947
HNcbpcHSp3msBut they did notH3808
HCI healed them.H7495
I drew themH4900
HRHNcbpcof a man,H120
HNcfsaand I wasH1961
HRHSp3mpas those who take offH7311
HNcbdcHSp3mpand I gently gaveH5186
He shall notH3808
HNpbut the AssyrianH804
And the swordH2719
HCHVqq3fson his cities,H5892
HRHNcfpcHSp3msand shall destroyH3615
HNcmpcHSp3msand devour themH398
HCHVqq3fsbecause of their own counsels.H4156
And My peopleH5971
HVqsmpaon backsliding from Me.H4878
HRHNcfscHSp1csThough they calledH7121
HCHRthe Most High,H5920
HTnwould at allH3162
HTishall I give you up,H5414
HNpHow shall I deliver you,H4042
HTishall I make youH5414
HRHNpHow shall I set youH7760
I will notH3808
HNcmscof My anger;H639
HNcmscHSp1csI will notH3808
HNcmsathe Holy OneH6918
HAamsain your midst;H7130
HRHNcmscHSp2msand I will notH3808
HVqi1csinto the city.H5892
They shall walkH3212
HNpHe shall roarH7580
HVqi3mslike a lion.H738
HVqi3msthen the childrenH1121
HCHVqi3mpfrom the west.H3220
They shall trembleH2729
HVqi3mplike a birdH6833
HRHNcbsaout of Egypt,H4714
HRHNpand like a doveH3123
HCHRHNcfsaout of the landH776
HNpAnd I will place themH3427
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved