1. “When Israel was a child, then I loved him and called My son out of Egypt.
2. The more they called them, the more they went from them. They continued to sacrifice to the Baalim, and burn incense to graven images.
3. I also taught Ephraim to walk; I took them on My arm. But they did not know that I healed them.
4. I drew them with cords of a man, with bands of love; and I was to them as those who take off the yoke on their jaws, and I gently gave food to him.
5. He shall not return to the land of Egypt, but the Assyrian shall be his king because they refused to return to Me.
6. And the sword shall remain on his cities, and shall destroy his branches, and devour them because of their own counsels.
7. And My people are bent on backsliding from Me. Though they called to the Most High, none would at all exalt Him.
8. How shall I give you up, Ephraim? How shall I deliver you, Israel? How shall I make you like Admah? How shall I set you as Zeboiim? My heart is turned within Me; My compassions are kindled together.
9. I will not carry out the heat of My anger; I will not return to destroy Ephraim, for I am God and not man, the Holy One in your midst; and I will not enter into the city.
10. They shall walk after the LORD; He shall roar like a lion. When He shall roar, then the children shall tremble from the west.
11. They shall tremble like a bird out of Egypt, and like a dove out of the land of Assyria. And I will place them in their houses,” says the LORD.
12. “Ephraim circles around Me with lying, and the house of Israel with deceit. And Judah is still wayward toward God, and toward the Holy One, Who is faithful.”
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved