1. “Ephraim feeds on wind and follows after the east wind. He daily multiplies lies and desolation. And they make a covenant with the Assyrians, and oil is carried into Egypt.
2. The LORD also has a quarrel with Judah and will punish Jacob according to his ways; according to his doings He will repay him.
3. He took his brother by the heel in the womb, and by his strength he had power with God.
4. Yes, he wept and cried to Him, and he had struggled with the Angel and he prevailed. He found him in Bethel, and there He spoke with us,
5. Even the LORD God of hosts; the LORD is His name.
6. Therefore return to your God; keep mercy and judgment, and wait for your God continually.
7. “He is a merchant; the balances of deceit are in his hand; he loves to oppress.
8. And Ephraim said, ‘Yet I have become rich, I have found much wealth for myself. In all my labors they shall find in me no iniquity that is sin.’
9. And I the LORD, who have been your God from the land of Egypt, will yet make you to dwell in tents as in the days of the appointed feast.
10. I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions and have used parables by the hand of the prophets.”
11. Is there iniquity in Gilead? Surely they are altogether vanity; they sacrifice bulls in Gilgal. Yea, their altars are as heaps in the furrows of the fields.
12. And Jacob fled into the country of Syria, and Israel served for a wife, and for a wife he kept sheep.
13. And by a prophet the LORD brought Israel out of Egypt, and by a prophet he was kept.
14. Ephraim provoked Me to anger most bitterly; therefore his blood shall be cast upon him, and his Lord shall return his reproach unto him.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved