1. When Ephraim spoke there was trembling. He exalted himself in Israel; but when he offended in Baal worship, he died.
2. And now they sin more and more, and have made themselves a molten image of their silver, and idols according to their own understanding, all of it the work of the craftsmen. They say of them, “Let the men who sacrifice kiss the calves.”
3. Therefore they shall be as the morning cloud and as the early dew that passes away, as the chaff storm driven from a threshing floor, and as the smoke out of the chimney.
4. “Yet I am the LORD your God from the land of Egypt, and you shall know no God but Me, for there is no Savior besides Me.
5. I have known you in the wilderness, in the land of great dryness.
6. When they were fed, they became full. They were filled and their heart was exalted. Therefore they have forgotten Me.
7. Therefore I will be as a lion to them; as a leopard by the way I will watch.
8. I will meet them like a bear that is bereaved of her cubs, and will tear open their chests. And there I will devour them like a lion—as the wild beast would tear them.
9. O Israel, you have destroyed yourself; but in Me is your help.
10. Where is your king now, that he may save you in all your cities; and your judges of whom you said, ‘Give me a king and princes’?
11. I gave you a king in My anger, and took him away in My wrath.
12. The iniquity of Ephraim is bound up; his sin is hidden.
13. The pains of a woman in travail shall come upon him. He is an unwise son; for he should not delay long at the time of the breaking forth of children.
14. I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death. O Death, where are your plagues? O Grave, I will be your destruction! And compassion shall be hidden from My eyes.”
15. Though he is fruitful among his brothers, an east wind shall come. The wind of the LORD shall come up from the wilderness, and his spring shall become dry, and his fountain shall be dried up. He shall plunder the treasure of all desirable vessels.
16. Samaria shall become desolate, for she has rebelled against her God. They shall fall by the sword. Their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their pregnant women shall be ripped up.
HRHVpcthere was trembling.H7578
HRHNpbut when he offendedH816
HRHNpworship, he died.H4191
HRHVqcmore and more,H3254
HVhi3mpand have madeH6213
HRHSp3mpa molten imageH4541
HNcfsaof their silver,H3701
HNcmpaaccording to their own understanding,H8394
HNcmscof the craftsmen.H2796
HPp3mpsay of them,H559
HVqrmpa"Let the menH120
HRHDthey shall beH1961
HVqi3mpas the morningH1242
HRHNcmscand as the earlyH7925
HCHRdHNcmsathat passes away,H1980
HVqrmsaas the chaffH4671
HVmi3msfrom a threshing floor,H1637
HRHNcbsaand as the smokeH6227
HCHRHNcmsaout of the chimney.H699
HNcmpcHSp2msfrom the landH776
HNpand you shall knowH3045
HRHSp1csfor there is noH369
When they were fed,H4830
HRHNcfscHSp3mpthey became full.H7646
HCHVqw3mpThey were filledH7646
HVqp3cpand their heartH3820
HTmthey have forgotten Me.H7911
I will meet themH6298
HVqi1csHSp3mplike a bearH1677
HRHNcmsathat is bereaved of her cubs,H7909
HAamsaand will tear openH7167
HDI will devour themH398
HCHVqi1csHSp3mplike a lion—H3833
HRHNcbsaas the wildH7704
HNcfscwould tear them.H1234
HDthat he may save youH3467
HNcfpcHSp2msand your judgesH8199
HNcmpcof a woman in travailH3205
HChe should notH3808
HVqi3msat the timeH6256
HNcbsaof the breaking forthH4866
I will ransom themH6299
HVqi1csHSp3mpfrom the powerH3027
HRHNcbscof the grave;H7585
HNpI will redeem themH1350
HTibe your destruction!H6987
HNcmsashall be hiddenH5641
HVNi3msfrom My eyes."H5869
HVhi3msamong his brothers,H251
HNcmpaan east windH6921
HNcbscof the LORDH3068
HNpshall come upH5927
HVqrmsafrom the wilderness,H4057
HRHNcmsaand his springH4599
HNcmscHSp3msshall become dry,H2717
HCHVqi3msand his fountainH4726
HNcmscHSp3msshall be dried up.H954
HNpshall become desolate,H816
HCshe has rebelledH4784
HVqp3fsagainst her God.H430
HRHNcmpcHSp3fsThey shall fallH5307
HVqi3mpby the sword.H2719
HNcmpcHSp3mpshall be dashed in pieces,H7376
HVPi3mpand their pregnant womenH2030
HCHAafpcHSp3msshall be ripped up.H1234
Copyright © 2024 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved