1. Hear the Word of the LORD, children of Israel, for the LORD has a controversy with the inhabitants of the land, “There is no truth, nor mercy, nor knowledge of God in the land.
2. By swearing, and lying, and killing, and stealing, and the committing of adultery they break out; and blood touches blood.
3. Therefore shall the land mourn, and everyone who dwells in it shall languish, with the beasts of the field and with the birds of the heavens. Yes, the fish of the sea shall also be taken away.
4. Yet let no man strive, nor reprove another, for your people are as those who strive with the priest.
5. And you shall stumble in the day, and the prophet also shall stumble with you in the night, and I will destroy your mother.
6. My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you from being as a priest to Me. Since you have forgotten the law of your God, I will also forget your children.
7. As they were increased, so they sinned against Me. I will change their glory into shame.
8. They eat up the sin of My people, and they set their heart on their iniquity.
9. And it has become, like people, like priest; and I will punish them for their ways, and reward them for their doings,
10. For they shall eat and not have enough. They shall commit whoredom and not increase because they have stopped taking heed to the LORD.
11. ‘Whoredom and wine and new wine take away the heart.
12. My people seek advice from their wooden idols, and their rod declares to them, for the spirit of whoredoms has caused them to go astray, and they have gone awhoring away from under their God.
13. They sacrifice upon the tops of the mountains, and burn incense upon the hills, under oaks and poplars and elms because its shade is good. So your daughters shall commit whoredom, and your brides shall commit adultery.
14. Will I not punish your daughters when they commit whoredom, or your wives when they commit adultery? Even the men themselves go aside with whores, and they sacrifice with temple prostitutes. The people who do not understand shall fall.
15. Though you, Israel, play the harlot, yet do not let Judah become guilty. And do not come to Gilgal, nor go up to Beth Aven, nor swear, ‘As the LORD lives,’
16. For Israel slides back like a backsliding heifer. Now shall the LORD feed them as a lamb in a large place?
17. Ephraim is joined to idols; let him alone.
18. Their drink is sour; they have committed whoredom continually; her rulers dearly love dishonor.
19. The wind has bound her up in her wings, and they shall be ashamed because of their sacrifices.”
HNcmscof the LORD,H3068
HVqrmpcof the land,H776
HNcmpain the land.H776
HCHVqaand the committing of adulteryH5003
HCHVqathey break out;H6555
HTmshall the landH776
HCHVKq3mswith the beastsH2416
HRHNcfscof the fieldH7704
HTdHNcmsaand with the birdsH5775
HCHRHNcmscof the heavens.H8064
HNcmpcof the seaH3220
HTdHNcmsashall also be taken away.H622
HNcmsafor your peopleH5971
HCHNcmscHSp2msareas those who strive withH7378
And you shall stumbleH3782
HCHVqq2msin the day,H3117
HTdHNcmsaand the prophetH5030
HNcmsaand I will destroyH1820
HTdHNcfsaI will also reject youH3988
HCHVqi1csHSp2msfrom being as a priestH3547
HRHSp1csSince you have forgottenH7911
HNcfscof your God,H430
And it has become,H1961
HRdHNcmsaand I will punishH6485
HRHSp3msfor their doings,H4611
For they shall eatH398
HVqi3mpThey shall commit whoredomH2181
HCthey have stoppedH5800
HToto the LORD.H3068
HVqi3msadvice from their wooden idols,H6086
HRHNcmscHSp3msand their rodH4731
HNcmpahas caused them to go astray,H8582
HVhp3msand they have gone awhoringH2181
HCHVqw3mpaway from underH8478
HNcmpcof the mountains,H2022
HTdHNcmpaand burn incenseH6999
HNcfpcHSp2mpshall commit whoredom,H2181
HVqi3fpand your bridesH3618
HCHNcfpcHSp2mpshall commit adultery.H5003
Will I notH3808
HCthey commit whoredom,H2181
HCthey commit adultery?H5003
HCthe men themselvesH1992
HTdHVqrfpaand they sacrificeH2076
HNpplay the harlot,H2181
HVqrmsayet do notH408
HVqj3msAnd do notH408
HVqj2mpto Beth Aven,H1007
HVNj2mp'As the LORDH3068
HVqrfsalike a backslidingH5637
HDshall the LORDH3068
HVqi3msHSp3mpas a lambH3532
HRHNcmsain a large place?H4800
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved