1. “Hear this, O priests, and hearken, O house of Israel. And give ear, O house of the king, for judgment is toward you because you have been a snare for Mizpah and a net spread over Tabor.
2. And revolters have gone deep in slaughtering, and I chasten all of them.
3. I know Ephraim, and Israel is not hidden from me, for now, O Ephraim, you committed whoredom; and Israel is defiled.
4. Their doings will not allow them to turn to their God; for the spirit of whoredoms is in their midst, and they have not known the LORD.
5. And the pride of Israel testifies to his face. Therefore Israel and Ephraim shall fall in their iniquity; Judah also shall fall with them.
6. They shall go with their flocks and with their herds to seek the LORD; but they shall not find Him. He has withdrawn Himself from them.
7. They have acted treacherously against the LORD, for they have begotten strange children. Now, within a month invaders shall devour their land.
8. Blow the ram’s horn in Gibeah, and the silver trumpet in Ramah; cry aloud at Beth Aven, ‘Behind you, O Benjamin!’
9. Ephraim shall be desolate in the day of rebuke. Among the tribes of Israel I have made known that which shall surely be.
10. The rulers of Judah were like those who move a border; I will pour out My wrath upon them like water.
11. Ephraim is crushed and broken in judgment because he willingly walked after vanity.
12. Therefore I am as a moth to Ephraim, and to the house of Judah as rottenness.
13. When Ephraim saw his sickness, and Judah saw his wound, then Ephraim went to the Assyrian and sent to King Contentious. Yet he could not heal you nor cure you of your wound,
14. For I will be to Ephraim as a lion, and as a strong lion to the house of Judah. I, even I, will tear and go away. I will take away, and none shall rescue him.
15. I will go; I will return to My place until they confess their guilt and seek My face; in their affliction they will seek Me earnestly.”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved