1. Come and let us return to the LORD, for He has torn, and He will heal us; He has smitten, and He will bind us up.
2. After two days He will revive us; in the third day He will raise us up, and we shall live in His sight.
3. Then we shall understand, if we follow on to know the LORD. His going out is prepared as the morning; and He shall come to us as the rain, as the latter and former rain to the earth.
4. “O Ephraim, what shall I do to you? O Judah, what shall I do to you? For your goodness is like a morning cloud, and as the early dew it goes away.
5. So I have cut them down by the prophets; I have slain them by the words of My mouth. And the judgments against you are as the light that goes forth,
6. For I desire mercy and not sacrifice, and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.
7. But, like men, they have broken the covenant. They have acted like traitors against Me there.
8. Gilead is a city of troublemakers, and is polluted with blood.
9. And as troops of robbers wait for a man, the company of priests murder in the way of Shechem; for they committed wickedness.
10. I have seen a horrible thing in the house of Israel; the whoredom of Ephraim is there; Israel is defiled.
11. Also, O Judah, a harvest is appointed to you, when I reverse the captivity of My people.”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved