1. “Put a ram’s horn to your mouth. He comes like an eagle against the house of the LORD because they have transgressed My covenant and have rebelled against My law.
2. Israel shall cry to Me, ‘My God, we know You.’
3. Israel has thrown off good; the enemy shall pursue him.
4. They have set up kings, but not by Me; they have made princes, and I knew it not. They have made themselves idols with their silver and their gold, so that they may be cut off.
5. Your calf, O Samaria, has cast you off. My anger is kindled against them. How long shall they be incapable of innocence?
6. For from Israel it came also—the craftsman made it, but it is not God; for the calf of Samaria shall be broken into shivers.
7. For they sow to the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind. It has no stalk; the bud shall yield no meal; but if it does yield, strangers shall swallow it up.
8. Israel is swallowed up; now they shall be among the Gentiles as a vessel in which there is no pleasure;
9. For they have gone up to Assyria, a wild donkey alone by himself. Ephraim has hired lovers.
10. Yea, though they have hired among the nations, now I will gather them. And they shall sorrow in a little while under the burden of kings and princes.
11. Because Ephraim has multiplied altars to sin, altars shall be to him for sin.
12. I have written to him the great things of My law, but they were counted as a strange thing.
13. They sacrifice flesh for the sacrifices of My offerings, and eat it; but the LORD does not receive them. Now He will remember their iniquity and punish their sins. They shall return to Egypt;
14. For Israel has forgotten his Maker, and builds temples. And Judah has multiplied cities. But I will send a fire on his cities, and it shall burn up her palaces.”
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved