1. “Yet now hear, O Jacob My servant, and Israel whom I have chosen;
2. Thus says the LORD Who made you, and formed you from the womb, Who will help you, ‘Fear not, O Jacob My servant, and you, Jeshurun, whom I have chosen,
3. For I will pour water upon him who is thirsty, and streams upon the dry ground. I will pour My Spirit upon your seed, and My blessing upon your offspring;
4. And they shall spring up as among the grass, as willows by the watercourses.’
5. One shall say, ‘I am the LORD’S;’ and another shall call himself by the name of Jacob; and another shall write with his hand, ‘For the LORD,’ and be named by the name of Israel.
7. And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it and set it in order for Me, since I appointed the ancient people? And the things that are coming, and shall come,
let them declare it to us.
8. Fear not, nor be afraid; have I not told you from that time; and have declared it? So you are My witnesses. Is there a God besides Me? Yea, there is no other Rock; I know not one.’ ”
10. Who has formed a god, or melted a graven image that is profitable for anything?
11. Behold, all his companions shall be ashamed; and the craftsmen, they are of men. Let them all come together, let them stand up, they shall dread; they shall be ashamed together.
12. The black smith fashions an axe. He works in the coals, and forms it with hammers, and works it with the strength of his arms. Then, he is hungry, and his strength fails; he drinks no water, and is weak.
13. The carpenter fashions wood, and stretches a line; he marks it out with a pencil; he shapes it with carving tools, and he marks it out with the compass, and makes it after the figure of a man, according to the beauty of a man, to sit in the house.
14. He cuts down cedars, and takes cypress and oak, which he makes of the trees of the forest strong for himself; he plants a tree, and the rain makes it grow.
15. Then it shall be for a man to burn; for he will take some of it and warm himself. Yea, he kindles it and bakes bread; yea, he makes a god and worships it; he makes it a graven image and falls down to worship it.
16. He burns part of it in the fire; with part of it he eats flesh; he roasts a roast and is satisfied; yea, he warms himself, and says, “Aha, I am warm, I have seen the fire.”
17. And with the rest of it he makes into a god, his graven image; he falls down to it and worships, and prays to it, and says, “Deliver me! For you are my god!”
18. They know not nor understand; for He has shut their eyes so that they cannot see; and their hearts so that they cannot understand.
19. And none thinks within his heart, nor is there knowledge nor understanding to say, “I have burned part of it in the fire; yea, also I have baked bread upon the coals of it; I have roasted flesh and eaten; and shall I make the rest of it an abomination? Shall I fall down to the stock of a tree?”
20. He feeds on ashes; a deceived heart has turned him aside, so that he cannot deliver his soul. Neither does he say, “Is this not a falsehood in my right hand?”
21. “Remember these, O Jacob and Israel; for you are My servant; I have formed you; you are My servant; O Israel, you shall not be forgotten by Me.
22. I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, your transgressions, and, as a cloud, your sins; return to Me; for I have redeemed you.”
23. Sing, O heavens; for the LORD has done it. Shout, O lower parts of the earth. Break out into singing, O mountains, O forest, and every tree in it, for the LORD has redeemed Jacob, and glorified Himself in Israel.
24. Thus says the LORD your Redeemer, and He Who formed you from the womb, “I am the LORD Who makes all things; Who stretches out the heavens alone; Who spreads abroad the earth by Myself;
25. Who brings to nothing the signs of the liars, and makes fools of diviners; Who turns the wise backward, and makes their knowledge foolish;
26. Who makes the word of His servant sure, and makes good the counsel of His messengers; Who says to Jerusalem, ‘She shall have people;’ and to the cities of Judah, ‘You shall be built,’ and I will raise up the waste places of it;
27. Who says to the deep, ‘Be dry, and I will dry up your rivers;’
28. Who says of Cyrus, ‘He is My shepherd, and shall do all My pleasure; even saying to Jerusalem, “You shall be built;” and to the temple, “Your foundation shall be laid.” ’ ”
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved