1. Arise, shine; for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD has risen upon you,
2. For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people; but the LORD shall arise upon you, and His glory shall be seen upon you.
3. And the Gentiles shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising.
4. “Lift up your eyes all around, and see. All of them gather themselves together; they come to you. Your sons shall come from far, and your daughters shall be nursed at your side.
5. Then you shall see and become radiant, and your heart shall throb and swell for joy; because the abundance of the sea shall turn to you, the wealth of the Gentiles will come to you.
6. A host of camels shall cover you, the camels of Midian and Ephah. All of them from Sheba shall come; they shall bring gold and incense; and they shall proclaim the praises of the LORD.
7. All the flocks of Kedar shall be gathered together to you; the rams of Nebaioth shall minister to you. They shall come up with acceptance on My altar, and I will glorify the house of My glory.
8. Who are these who fly like a cloud, and as the doves to their windows?
9. Surely the isles shall wait for Me, and the ships of Tarshish first, to bring your sons from far, their silver and their gold with them, to the name of the LORD your God, and to the Holy One of Israel because He has glorified you.
10. And the sons of strangers shall build up your walls, and their kings shall serve you; for in My wrath I struck you, but in My grace I had mercy upon you.
11. Therefore your gates will always be open; they will not be shut day nor night, that men may bring unto you the wealth of the Gentiles, and their kings in procession,
12. For the nation and kingdom that will not serve you will perish. Yes, those nations will be completely wasted.
13. The glory of Lebanon will come to you, the fir tree, the pine tree, and the box tree together, to beautify the place of My sanctuary; and I will make the place of My feet glorious.
14. Also the sons of your afflicters shall come bowing down to you; and all your despisers will bow down at the soles of your feet. And they will call you, ‘The city of the LORD, the Zion of the Holy One of Israel.’
15. Instead of being forsaken and hated, so that no one passes through, I will make you an eternal excellency, a joy of many generations.
16. You will also suck the milk of nations, and suck the breast of kings; and you shall know that I the LORD am your Savior and your Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.
17. For bronze I will bring gold, and for iron I will bring silver; and for wood I will bring bronze, and for stones, iron. I will also make your overseers to be peace, and your rulers to be righteousness.
18. Violence will no more be heard in your land, neither wasting nor ruin within your borders; but you will call your walls Salvation, and your gates Praise.
19. The sun will no more be your light by day; nor the brightness of the moon give light to you; but the LORD will be to you for an everlasting light, and your God your glory.
20. Your sun will no more go down, nor your moon withdraw; for the LORD will be your everlasting light, and the days of your mourning shall be ended.
21. Your people also will all be righteous; they will inherit the land forever, the branch of My planting, the work of My hands, so that I may be glorified.
22. A smallest will become a thousand, and the least one a strong nation: I the LORD will hasten it in its time.”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved