1. “The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me because the LORD has anointed Me to preach the Gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to bind up the broken hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
2. To preach the acceptable year of the LORD and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn;
3. To appoint to those who mourn in Zion, giving to them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the mantle of praise for the spirit of heaviness; so that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that He might be glorified.”
4. And they will build the old wastes, they will raise up the desolations of former times. And they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations.
5. And strangers will stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the stranger will be your plowmen and your vinedressers.
6. But you shall be called the priests of the LORD; it will be said of you, “The ministers of our God;” you will eat the riches of the Gentiles, and you will boast in their glory.
7. For your shame you will have double; instead of dishonor they will rejoice in their portion; therefore in their own land they will possess double; everlasting joy will be theirs.
8. “For I the LORD love justice, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them.
9. And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people; all who see them will acknowledge them, that they are the seed the LORD has blessed.”
10. I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul will be joyful in my God; for He has clothed me with the robes of salvation, He covered me with the robe of righteousness like a bridegroom adorns himself with ornaments, and like a bride adorns herself with her jewels;
11. For as the earth brings forth its bud, and as the garden causes that which is sown to grow; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to grow before all the nations.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved