1. The Word of the LORD that came to Jeremiah the prophet against the Philistines, before Pharaoh struck Gaza.
2. Thus says the LORD, “Behold, waters rise up out of the north, and shall be an overflowing flood, and shall overflow the land and all its fullness; the city and those who dwell in it. And the men shall cry, and all the people of the land shall howl.
3. At the noise of the stamping of the hooves of his strong horses, at the rushing of his chariots, the rumbling of his wheels, the fathers shall not look back to their sons because of feebleness of hands;
4. Because of the day that comes to plunder all the Philistines and to cut off from Tyre and Sidon every survivor who helps. For the LORD will plunder the Philistines, the rest of the remnant of the coastland of Caphtor.
5. Baldness has come on Gaza. Ashkelon is cut off with the remnant of their valley. How long will you cut yourself?
6. O sword of the LORD, how long will it be before you are quiet? Put yourself into your sheath; rest and be still.
7. How can it be quiet, since the LORD has given it a command? He has set it there against Ashkelon, and against the seashore.”
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
HVqrmpaout of the north,H6828
HRHNcfsaand shall beH1961
HRHNcmsaand shall overflowH7857
HNcfsaand those who dwellH3427
HRHSp3fsAnd the menH120
HCHVqq3cpand all the peopleH3427
HVqrmscof the landH776
At the noiseH6963
HRHNcmscof the stampingH8161
HNcfscof the hoovesH6541
HNcfpcof his strongH47
HAampcHSp3mshorses, at the rushingH7494
HRHNcmscof his chariots,H7393
HNcmscof his wheels,H1534
HNcmpabecause of feeblenessH7510
HRof the dayH3117
HNgmpaandto cut offH3772
HNgmpathe rest of the remnantH7611
HNcfscof the coastlandH339
HNpis cut offH1820
HNcfscof their valley.H6010
HTiwill you cut yourself?H1413
HNcfsaof the LORD,H3068
HDwill it bebeforeH3808
HTnyou are quiet?H8252
HVNv2fsand be still.H1826
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved