1. Elihu also proceeded and said,
2. “Bear with me a little, and I will show you that I have yet to speak on God’s behalf.
3. I will fetch my knowledge from afar, and I will ascribe righteousness to my Maker.
4. For truly my words are not false; He who is perfect in knowledge is with you.
5. Behold, God is mighty, yet He does not despise any; He is mighty in strength of understanding.
6. He will not preserve the life of the wicked, but gives to the poor their right.
7. He withdraws not His eyes from the righteous, but they are like kings on the throne; yea, He establishes them forever, and they are exalted.
8. And if they are bound in chains, and are held in cords of affliction,
9. Then He shows them their work, and their transgressions, that they have behaved themselves arrogantly.
10. He also opens their ears to discipline, and commands that they return from iniquity.
11. If they obey and serve Him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures.
12. But if they do not obey, they shall perish by the sword, and they shall die without knowledge.
13. But the hypocrites in heart heap up wrath; they cry not for help when He binds them.
14. They die in youth, and their life ends among the depraved.
15. He delivers the poor in his affliction, and opens their ears by tribulation.
16. And He also would have removed you out of dire distress into a wide place without constraint; and the setting of your table is full with richness.
17. But you have fulfilled the judgment of the wicked; judgment and justice take hold of you;
18. For beware lest wrath entice you into scoffing; neither let the greatness of the ransom turn you aside.
19. Will He esteem your riches? No, not gold, nor all the forces of strength can keep you from distress.
20. Desire not the night, when people are cut off in their place.
21. Beware, do not turn to iniquity; for this you have chosen rather than affliction.
22. Behold, God is exalted in His power; who is a Teacher like Him?
23. Who has appointed Him His way; or who can say, ‘You have done wrong’?
24. Remember that you should exalt His work of which men have sung;
25. All men have seen it; man may see it afar off.
26. Behold, God is great, beyond our knowledge; the number of His years cannot be searched out.
27. For He draws up the drops of water; they distill into rain from the mist,
28. Which the clouds pour down and drop on man abundantly.
29. Also can any understand the spreading of the clouds, or the crashing thunder of His canopy?
30. Behold, He spreads His light upon it, and He covers the depths of the sea.
31. For by these He judges the people; He gives food in abundance.
32. He covers His hands with the lightning, and commands it to strike the mark;
33. Its thunder declares concerning it, and the livestock, concerning a storm that is coming.”
HRHAamsabut they are like kingsH4428
HNcmpaon the throne;H3678
HRdHNcmsayea, He establishes themH3427
HRHNcmsaand they are exalted.H1361
HCHVqi3mpHim, they shall spendH3615
HRdHAamsaand their yearsH8141
But if they do not obey, they shall perish by the sword, and they shall die without knowledge.
And He alsoH637
HCHDwould have removed youH5496
HVhp3msHSp2msout of dire distressH6310
HAamsaintoa wide placeH7338
HNcmsaand the settingH5183
Behold, God is exalted in His power; who is a Teacher like Him?>
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved