1. The Word of the LORD that came to Joel, the son of Pethuel.
2. Hear this, you old men, and give ear, all you inhabitants of the land. Has this been in your days or even in the days of your fathers?
3. Tell your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation.
4. That which the creeping locust has left, the swarming locust has eaten. And that which the swarming locust has left, the locust larvae has eaten. And that which the locust larvae has left, the destroying locust has eaten.
5. Awake, drunkards, and weep; and howl, all you drinkers of wine because of the new wine; for it is cut off from your mouth,
6.For a nation has come up on My land, strong and without number,whose teeth are the teeth of a lion, and he has the jaw teeth of a great lion.
7. He has laid My vine waste and splintered My fig tree. He has stripped it and cast it away; its branches are bared white.
8. Weep like a virgin clothed with sackcloth for the husband of her youth.
9. The grain offering and the drink offering are cut off from the house of the LORD; the priests, the LORD’S ministers, mourn.
10. The field is wasted; the land mourns, for the grain is wasted. The new wine is dried up; the fresh oil is wasted away.
11. Be ashamed, O you husbandmen; howl, O you vinedressers, for the wheat and for the barley; because the harvest of the field has perished.
12. The vine is dried up, and the fig tree is wasted away, the pomegranate and the palm tree, and the apple tree; all the trees of the field are dried up, for joy has withered away from the sons of men.
13. Gird yourselves and lament, you priests; howl, you ministers of the altar. Come, lie all night in sackcloth, you ministers of my God, for the grain offering and the drink offering are held back from the house of your God.
14. Sanctify a fast; call a solemn assembly; gather the elders and all the people of the land unto the house of the LORD your God, and cry out to the LORD.
15. Alas for the day! For the day of the LORD is at hand, and it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.
16. Is not the food cut off before our eyes, and joy and gladness from the house of our God?
17. The seed is rotten under their clods; the storage bins are desolate; the barns are broken down, for the grain has dried up.
18. How the beasts groan! The herds of cattle are troubled because they have no pasture. Yes, the flocks of sheep are devastated.
19. O LORD, to You will I cry; for the fire has burned up the pastures of the wilderness, and the flame has burned all the trees of the field.
20. The beasts of the field also cry to You; for the rivers of water are dried up, and the fire has burned up the pastures of the wilderness.
HPdxfsyou old men,H2205
HTdHAampaand give ear,H238
HVqrmpcof the land.H776
HTiHVqp3fsin your daysH3117
HCHCin the daysH3117
HRHNcmpcof your fathers?H1
HRHSp3fsand let your childrenH1121
HCHNcmpcHSp2mptell their children,H1121
HRHNcmpcHSp3mpand their childrenH1121
That which the creeping locustH1501
HNcmscthe swarming locustH697
HVqp3msAnd that which the swarming locustH697
HCHNcmscthe locust larvaeH3218
HVqp3msAnd that which the locust larvaeH3218
HCHNcmscthe destroying locustH2625
HRthe new wine;H6071
HCit is cut offH3772
HVNp3msfrom your mouth,H6310
HNcmsahas come upH5927
HNcbdcof a lion,H738
HRHSp3mshas the jaw teethH4973
HCHNcfpcof a great lion.H3833
He has laidH7760
HRHNcfsaMy fig tree.H8384
HCHNcfscHSp1csHe has strippedH2834
HVqp3msHSp3fsand cast it away;H7993
HNcmpcHSp3fsare bared white.H3835
The grain offeringH4503
HNcfsaand the drink offeringH5262
HCHNcmsaare cut offH3772
HVHp3msfrom the houseH1004
HRHNcmscof the LORD;H3068
HVPp3msThe new wineH8492
HNcmsais dried up;H3001
HVhp3msthe fresh oilH3323
HNcmsais wasted away.H535
HVhv2mpO you husbandmen;H406
HVhv2mpO you vinedressers,H3755
HNcmscof the fieldH7704
HTdHNcbsais dried up,H3001
HVhp3fsand the fig treeH8384
HCHTdHNcfsais wasted away,H535
HTathe palm tree,H8558
HNcmsaand the apple tree;H8598
HNcmpcof the fieldH7704
HTdHNcmsaare dried up,H3001
HVqv2mpyourselves and lament,H5594
HVprmpcof the altar.H4196
HVqv2mplie all nightH3885
HVprmpcof my God,H430
HCthe grain offeringH4503
HNcfsaand the drink offeringH5262
HCHNcmsaare held backH4513
HVNp3msfrom the houseH1004
HRHNcmscof your God.H430
HVqv2mpa solemn assembly;H6116
HVqrmpcof the landH776
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
HNcmpcHSp2mpand cry outH2199
HNcfpcHSp3mpthe storage binsH214
HNcfpaare broken down,H2040
HNcmsahas dried up.H3001
HRHSp2mswill I cry;H7121
HNcbsahas burned upH398
HNcfpcof the wilderness,H4057
HNcmsaand the flameH3852
HNcmpcof the field.H7704
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved