1. Blow the ram’s horn in Zion, and sound an alarm in My holy mountain!” Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble, for the day of the LORD comes, for it is near at hand—
2. A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness. As the morning is spread across the mountains, so comes a great people and a mighty people; there has never been the like, nor shall there ever be again, even to the years of many generations.
3. A fire devours before them, and behind them a flame burns. The land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness—and nothing shall escape them.
4. Their appearance is as the appearance of horses; and as war horses, so they run.
5. They shall leap with the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains, with the noise of a flame of fire that devours the stubble, like a mighty people set in battle array.
6. In their presence the people shall greatly tremble; all faces shall grow pale.
7. They shall run like mighty men. They shall climb the wall like men of war, and they shall march each one in his path, and they shall not break their ranks.
8. And each one shall not crowd another; they go every one in his own path. And when they fall upon the sword, they shall not be wounded.
9. They shall run to and fro in the city; they shall run upon the wall; they shall climb up upon the houses; they shall enter in at the windows like a thief.
10. The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble. The sun and the moon shall grow dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.
11. And the LORD shall utter His voice before His army; for His camp is exceedingly great; for powerful is He who executes His Word, for the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; and who can endure it?
12. “Therefore even now,” says the LORD, “turn to Me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning.
13. Yes, rend your heart and not your garments, and return to the LORD your God: for He is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and He repents of the evil.
14. Who knows if He will return and repent and leave a blessing behind Him—a grain offering and a drink offering unto the LORD your God?”
15. Blow a ram’s horn in Zion, sanctify a fast, call a solemn assembly.
16. Gather the people, sanctify the congregation, assemble the elders, gather the children and those who suck the breasts. Let the bridegroom go forth out of his chamber, and the bride out of her room.
17. Let the priests, the ministers of the LORD, weep between the porch and the altar, and let them say, “Spare Your people, O LORD, and give not Your inheritance to shame, that the nations should rule over them. Why should they say among the people, ‘Where is their God?’ ”
18. Then the LORD will be jealous for His land and pity His people.
19. Yea, the LORD will answer and say to His people, “Behold, I will send you grain, and wine, and oil, and you shall be satisfied with them. And I will no more make you a curse among the nations.
20. But I will remove the northern army far off from you, and will drive him into a barren and deserted land, with his face toward the eastern sea and his back toward the western sea. And his stench shall come up, and his rotten odor shall come up because he has magnified his deeds.
21. Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice, for the LORD will magnify his deeds.
22. Do not be afraid, beasts of the field; for the pastures of the wilderness grow green; for the tree bears its fruit, and the fig tree and the vine yield their strength.
23. Be glad then, children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God, for He has given you the former rain in just measure, and He will cause the rain to come down for you, the former rain and the latter rain as before.
24. And the threshing floors shall be full of wheat, and the vats shall overflow with wine and oil.
25. And I will restore to you the years which the swarming locust has eaten, the locust larvae, and the destroying locust, and the cutting locust, My great army which I sent among you.
26. And you shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, who has dealt with you wondrously; and My people shall never again be ashamed.
27. And you shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and there is none else; and My people shall never again be ashamed.
28. And afterward it shall be that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh. And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy; your old men shall dream dreams; your young men shall see visions.
29. And also I will pour out My Spirit upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days.
30. And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth—blood and fire and pillars of smoke.
31.The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the coming of the great and awesome day of the LORD.
32. And it shall be that whoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be saved; for salvation shall be in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem, as the LORD has said, and among the remnant whom the LORD shall call.”
HVqv2mpthe ram's hornH7782
HRHNpand sound an alarmH7321
HCHVhv2mpin My holyH6944
HVqrmpcof the landH776
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
HCit isnear at hand—H7138
HNcmsaand of gloominess,H653
HNcmsaand of thick darkness.H6205
HCHNcmsaAs the morningH7837
HTdHNcmpaso comes a greatH7227
HAamsapeople and a mightyH6099
HNcmsathere has neverH3808
HTnshall there everH5769
HRto the yearsH8141
HRHNcbpcHSp3msand behind themH310
HTdHNcbsaisas the gardenH1588
HRHNcbpcHSp3msand behind themH310
They shall leapH7540
HVpi3mpHSnwith the noiseH6963
HTdHNcmpawith the noiseH6963
HRHNcmscof a flameH3851
HNcmsalike a mightyH6099
HRHNcmsaset in battleH4421
They shall runH7323
HVqi3mpHSnlike mighty men.H1368
HRHAampaThey shall climbH5927
HNcfsaand they shall marchH3212
HCHNcmsain his path,H1870
HRHNcbpcHSp3msand they shall notH3808
And each oneH376
HCHRhis own path.H4546
HRHNcfscHSp3msAnd when they fallH5307
HVqi3mpupon the sword,H7973
HTdHNcmsathey shall notH3808
They shall run to and froH8264
HVqi3mpin the city;H5892
HRdHNcfsathey shall runH7323
HVqi3mpHSnupon the wall;H2346
HRdHNcfsathey shall climb upH5927
HVqi3mpupon the houses;H1004
HRdHNcmpathey shall enter inH935
HTdHNcbpalike a thief.H1590
HNcbsaand the moonH3394
HCHNcmsashall grow dark,H6937
HVqp3cpand the starsH3556
And the LORDH3068
HCpowerful is HeH6099
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
HCHTican endure it?H3557
HNcmscHSp2mpand with fasting,H6685
HCHRHNcmsaand with weeping,H1065
HCHRHNcmsaand with mourning.H4553
HNcmdaand of greatH7227
HNcmsaand He repentsH5162
HVqrmsaifHe will returnH7725
HRHSp3msa grain offeringH4503
HNcfsaand a drink offeringH5262
HCHNcmsaunto the LORDH3068
HNcmpaand those who suckH3243
HNcmdaLet the bridegroomH2860
HNcmsago forth outH3318
HVqj3msof his chamber,H2315
HRHNcmscHSp3msand the brideH3618
HCHNcfsaout of her room.H2646
Let the priests,H3548
HVprmpcof the LORD,H3068
HTdHNcmsaand the altar,H4196
HCHRdHNcmsaand let them say,H559
HRHNcfsathat the nationsH1471
HRHTishould they sayH559
HVqi3mpamong the people,H5971
Yea, the LORDH3068
HCHVqw3msto His people,H5971
HTmHSp1csI will sendH7971
HCHTdHNcmsaand you shall be satisfiedH7646
HToHSp3msAnd I will noH3808
HNcfsaamong the nations.H1471
HCHToI will removeH7368
HVhi1csthe northern armyH6830
HTdHAamsafar off from you,H5921
HRHRHSp2mpand will drive himH5080
HNcbsawith his faceH6440
HTdHNcmsaand his backH5490
HTdHNcmsaAnd his stenchH889
HNcmscHSp3msshall come up,H5927
HCHVqq3msand his rotten odorH6709
HNcfscHSp3msshall come upH5927
HChe has magnifiedH1431
HNcfpcof the field;H7704
HNcfpcof the wildernessH4057
HNcmscHSp3msand the fig treeH8384
HNcfsaand the vineH1612
HCHVqv2mpin the LORDH3068
HCHe has givenH5414
HTothe former rainH4175
HTdHNcmsain just measure,H6666
HRHNcfsaand He will cause the rainH1653
HNcmsato come downH3381
HRHSp2mpthe former rainH4175
HNcmsaand the latter rainH4456
And I will restoreH7999
HTrthe swarming locustH697
HVqp3msthe locust larvae,H3218
HTdHNcmsaand the destroying locust,H2625
HCHTdHNcmsaand the cutting locust,H1501
And you shall eatH398
HVqaand be satisfied,H7646
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
HRHVhcand My peopleH5971
And you shall knowH3045
HPp1csamin the midstH7130
HNpand that IH589
HNcmpcHSp2mpand there is noneH369
HDand My peopleH5971
HRit shall be thatH3651
HDI will pourH8210
HToout My SpiritH7307
HNcmsaAnd your sonsH1121
HNcmpcHSp2mpand your daughtersH1323
HCHVNq3cpyour old menH2205
HNcmpayour young menH970
HCHTaI will pour outH8210
HTdHNcbsashall be turnedH2015
HRHNcmsaand the moonH3394
HVqcof the greatH1419
HNcmscof the LORD.H3068
And it shall beH1961
HVqi3mson the nameH8034
HRHNcmscof the LORDH3068
HNpshall be saved;H4422
HNpand in Jerusalem,H3389
HVqp3msand among the remnantH8300
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved