1. “Let not your heart be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in Me.
3. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; so that where I am, you may be also.
4. And where I am going you know, and the way you know.”
5. Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going; how then can we know the way?”
7. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also. But from this time forward, you know Him and have seen Him.”
8. Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and that will be sufficient for us.”
9. Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long a time, and you have not known Me, Philip? The one who has seen Me has seen the Father; why then do you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
11. Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; but if not, believe Me because of the works themselves.
13. And whatever you shall ask in My name, this will I do that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
17. Even the Spirit of the truth, (see Appendix K) which the world cannot receive because it perceives it not, nor knows it; but you know it because it dwells with you, and shall be within you.
18. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.
19. Yet a little while and the world shall see Me no longer; but you shall see Me. Because I live, you shall live also.
20. In that day, you shall know that I am in My Father, and you are in Me, and I am in you.
22. Judas (not Iscariot) said to him, “Lord, what has happened that You are about to manifest Yourself to us, and not to the world?”
24. The one who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word that you hear is not Mine, but the Father’s, Who sent Me.
25. I have spoken these things to you while I am yet present with you.
26. But when the Comforter comes, even the Holy Spirit, which the Father will send in My name, that one shall teach you all things, and shall bring to your remembrance everything that I have told you.
27. Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give it to you. Let not your heart be troubled, nor let it fear.
28. You have heard Me say to you that I am going away, and that I will come to you again. If you loved Me, you would have rejoiced that I said, ‘I am going to the Father’ because My Father is greater than I.
29. And now I have told you before it happens, so that when it comes to pass, you may believe.
30. I will not speak with you much longer because the ruler of this world is coming; but he does not have a single thing in Me.
31. Yet he comes so that the world may know that I love the Father, and that I do exactly as the Father has commanded Me. Arise, let us go out.”
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved