2. He takes away every branch in Me that does not bear fruit; but He cleanses each one that bears fruit, in order that it may bear more fruit.
3. You are already clean through the word that I have spoken to you.
4. Dwell in Me, and I in you. As a branch cannot bear fruit of itself, but only if it remains in the vine, neither can you bear fruit unless you are dwelling in Me.
5. I am the vine, and you are the branches. The one who is dwelling in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; because apart from Me you can do nothing.
6. If anyone does not dwell in Me, he is cast out as a branch, and is dried up; and men gather them and cast them into a fire, and they are burned.
7. If you dwell in Me, and My words dwell in you, you shall ask whatever you desire, and it shall come to pass for you.
8. In this is My Father glorified, that you bear much fruit; so shall you be My disciples.
11. These things I have spoken to you, in order that My joy may dwell in you, and that your joy may be full.
12. This is My commandment: that you love one another, as I have loved you.
13. No one has greater love than this: that one lay down his life for his friends.
14. You are My friends, if you do whatever I command you.
15. No longer do I call you servants, because the servant does not know what his master is doing. But I have called you friends because I have made known to you all the things that I have heard from My Father.
16. You yourselves did not choose Me, but I have personally chosen you, and ordained you, that you should go forth and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain; so that whatever you shall ask the Father in My name, He may give you.
17. These things I command you, that you love one another.
18. If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you.
19. If you were of the world, the world would love its own. However, because you are not of the world, but I have personally chosen you out of the world, the world hates you for this.
20. Remember the word that I spoke to you: a servant is not greater than his master. If they persecuted Me, they will persecute you also. If they kept My word, they will keep your word also.
21. But they will do all these things to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know Him Who sent Me.
23. The one who hates Me hates My Father also.
24. If I had not done among them the works that no other man has done, they would not have had sin; but now they have both seen and hated both Me and My Father.
25. But this has happened so that the saying might be fulfilled which is written in their law, ‘They hated Me without a cause.’
27. Then you also shall bear witness, because you have been with Me from the beginning.”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved