1. “I have spoken these things to you so that you will not be offended.
2. They shall cast you out of the synagogues; furthermore, the time is coming that everyone who kills you will think that he is rendering service to God.
3. And they shall do these things to you because they do not know the Father, nor Me.
4. But I have told you these things so that when the time comes, you may remember that I said them to you. However, I did not say these things to you at the beginning because I was with you.
5. But now I am going to Him Who sent Me; and none of you asks Me, ‘Where are You going?’
6. But because I have spoken these things to you, grief has filled your hearts.
7. But I am telling you the truth. It is profitable for you that I go away because if I do not go away, the Comforter will not come to you. However, if I go, I will send it to you.
8. And when that one has come, it will convict the world concerning sin, and righteousness, and judgment:
9. Concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me;
10. Concerning righteousness, because I am going to the Father and you no longer will see Me;
11. And concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged.
13. However, when that one has come, even the Spirit of the truth, it will lead you into all truth because it shall not speak from itself, but whatever it shall hear, it shall speak. And it shall disclose to you the things to come.
14. That one shall glorify Me because it shall disclose to you the things that it receives from Me.
15. Everything that the Father has is Mine; for this reason, I said that it shall receive from Me and shall disclose these things to you.
16. A little while, and you shall not see Me; and again a little while, and you shall see Me, because I am going to the Father.”
17. Then some of His disciples said to one another, “What is this that He is saying to us, ‘A little while, and you shall not see Me; and again a little while, and you shall see Me,’ and, ‘because I am going to the Father’? ”
18. Therefore they said, “What is this that He is saying, the ‘little while’? We do not understand what He is saying.”
19. Then Jesus, knowing that they desired to ask Him, said to them, “Why are you inquiring among one another about this that I said, ‘A little while, and you shall not see Me; and again a little while, and you shall see Me’?
20. Truly, truly I tell you, you shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice; and you shall be grieved, but your grief shall be turned into joy.
21. A woman when she is giving birth has grief because her time of travail has come; but after she gives birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish because of the joy that a child has been born into the world.
22. And likewise, you indeed have grief now; but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and no one shall take your joy from you.
24. Until this day, you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you shall receive, that your joy may be full.
25. These things I have spoken to you in allegories; but the time is coming when I will no longer speak to you in allegories, but I will plainly disclose to you the things of the Father.
26. In that day, you shall ask in My name; and I do not tell you that I will beseech the Father for you,
28. I came forth from the Father and have come into the world; again, I am leaving the world and am going to the Father.”
29. Then His disciples said to Him, “Behold, now You are speaking plainly and are not speaking in an allegory.
30. Now we know that You understand all things, and do not need to have someone ask You. By this we believe that You came forth from God.”
31. Jesus answered them, “Do you now believe?
32. Listen, the time is coming, and has already come, that you shall be scattered each to his own, and you shall leave Me alone; and yet I am not alone because the Father is with Me.
33. These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you shall have tribulation. But be courageous! I have overcome the world.”
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved