1. And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying,
2. “Command the children of Israel that they bring to you clear olive oil, beaten pure, for the light, to cause the lamps to burn continually.
3. Outside the veil of the testimony, in the tabernacle of the congregation, Aaron shall keep it in order from sunset to sunrise before the LORD continually. It shall be a statute forever in your generations.
4. He shall keep in order the lamps on the pure lampstand before the LORD continually.
5. And you shall take fine flour and bake twelve loaves with it. Two tenth parts shall be in one loaf.
6. And you shall set them in two rows, six on a row, on the pure gold table before the LORD.
7. And you shall put pure frankincense on each row, so that it may be on the bread for a memorial, an offering made by fire to the LORD.
8. Every Sabbath he shall set it in order before the LORD forever, for the children of Israel by an everlasting covenant.
9. And it shall be Aaron’s and his sons’. And they shall eat it in the holy place, for it is most holy to him of the offerings of the LORD made by fire by a perpetual statute.”
10. And the son of a woman of Israel, whose father was an Egyptian, went out among the children of Israel. And this son of the woman of Israel and a man of Israel struggled together in the camp.
11. And the son of the woman of Israel blasphemed the name of the LORD, and cursed. And they brought him to Moses. (And his mother’s name was Shelomith, the daughter of Dibri, of the tribe of Dan.)
12. And they put him under guard, until the will of the LORD might be declared to them.
13. And the LORD spoke to Moses saying,
14. “Bring forth the despiser who blasphemed outside the camp. And let all that heard him lay their hands on his head, then let all the congregation stone him.
15. And you shall speak to the children of Israel saying, ‘Whoever curses his God shall bear his sin.
16. And he that blasphemes the name of the LORD shall surely be put to death. All the congregation shall surely stone him. The stranger as well as he that is born in the land; when he blasphemes the name of the LORD, he shall be put to death.
17. And he who kills any man shall surely be put to death.
18. And he who kills an animal shall make it good, animal for animal.
19. And if a man physically maims his neighbor, as he has done, so shall it be done to him:
20. Break for break, eye for eye, tooth for tooth. As he has caused a blemish in a man, so shall it be done to him.
21. And he who kills an animal shall restore it. And he who kills a man shall be put to death.
22. One judgment shall be for you—whether for a stranger or for one of your own country—for I am the LORD your God.’ ”
23. And Moses spoke to the children of Israel that they should bring the despiser who blasphemed outside the camp and stone him with stones. And the children of Israel did as the LORD commanded Moses.
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved