1. And He also spoke a parable to them to show that it is necessary to pray always, and not to give up,
2. Saying, “There was in a certain city a certain judge who neither feared God nor respected man.
3. And there was a widow in that city; and she kept coming to him, saying, ‘Avenge me of my adversary.’
4. Now for a time he would not; but afterwards he said within himself, ‘Although I do not fear God and do not respect man,
5. Yet because this widow is causing me trouble, I will avenge her, lest she wear me out by her continual coming.’ “
6. Then the Lord said, “Hear what the unrighteous judge says.
7. And shall not God execute vengeance for His elect, who cry out to Him day and night, and patiently watch over them?
8. I tell you that He will execute vengeance for them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of man comes, shall He find the true faith on the earth?”
9. And to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others, He also spoke this parable:
10. “Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one was a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.
11. The Pharisee stood and prayed with himself in this manner: ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men— extortioners, unrighteous, adulterers—or even as this tax collector.
12. I fast twice in the week, and I give a tithe of everything that I gain.’
13. And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat himself on the chest, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner.’ Greek means “the sinner.”
14. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified, rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself shall be humbled; and the one who humbles himself shall be exalted.”
15. Then they brought to Him infants also, so that He might touch them; but when the disciples saw it, they rebuked them.
16. But Jesus called them to Him and said, “Permit the little children to come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of God.
17. Truly I say to you, whoever shall not receive the kingdom of God like a little child shall in no way enter into it.”
18. And a certain ruler asked Him, saying, “Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”
19. Then Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good except One—God.
20. You know the commandments: ‘You shall not commit adultery. You shall not commit murder. You shall not steal. You shall not bear false witness. Honor your father and your mother.’ “
21. And he said, “I have kept all these commandments from my youth.”
22. And after hearing these things, Jesus said to him, “You still lack one thing; sell everything that you have, and distribute to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven; and come and follow Me.”
23. But when he heard these things, he became very sorrowful; for he was quite rich.
24. Now when Jesus saw him become so sorrowful, He said, “How difficult it is for those who have riches to enter into the kingdom of God!
25. For it is easier for a camel to go through an eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.”
26. And those who heard this said, “Who then is able to be saved?”
27. But He said, “The things that are impossible with men are possible with God.”
28. Then Peter said, “Behold, we have left everything and have followed You.”
29. And He said to them, “Truly I say to you, there is no one who has left house, or parents, or brothers, or wife, or children, for the sake of the kingdom of God,
30. Who shall not receive manifold more in this time, and in the age that is coming— eternal life.”
31. And after taking the twelve aside to Himself, He said to them, “Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and all things that have been written about the Son of man by the prophets shall be fulfilled.
32. For He shall be delivered up to the Gentiles, and shall be mocked and insulted and spit upon.
34. But they understood none of these things, and this saying was hidden from them, and they did not comprehend what was said.
35. Now it came to pass that as He drew near to Jericho, there was a certain blind man who sat begging beside the road.
36. And hearing a multitude passing by him, he asked what this might be.
37. And they told him, “Jesus the Nazarean is passing by.”
38. Then he called out, saying, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me.”
39. And those who were going in front rebuked him, so that he would be silent; but he cried out all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me.”
40. Then Jesus stopped and commanded him to be brought to Him. And when he came near, He asked him,
41. Saying, “What do you desire to have Me do for you?” And he said, “Lord, that I may receive sight.”
42. Then Jesus said to him, “Receive sight. Your faith has healed you.”
43. And immediately he received sight; and he followed Him, glorifying God. Now after seeing this, all the people gave praise to God.
T-ASNit is necessaryG1163
PRT-Nto give up,G1573
CONJshe kept comingG2064
CONJI do notG3756
N-ASMI will avengeG1556
CONJHe will executeG4160
V-2AAP-NSMshall He findG2147
A-NSMwas a PhariseeG5330
A-NSMa tax collector.G5057
F-3ASMin this manner:G5023
F-3ASMshall be humbled;G5013
CONJthe one whoG3588
F-3ASMshall be exalted."G5312
CONJHe might touchG680
P-APNto Him and said,G2036
CONJa little childG3813
N-NSNshall in noG3756
I-ASNshall I doG4160
I-ASNdo you callG3004
N-APF'You shall notG3361
V-AAS-2SYou shall notG3361
V-AAS-2SYou shall notG3361
V-AAS-2SYou shall notG3361
PRT-Nbear false witness.G5576
V-2AAM-2Sto the poor,G4434
CONJyou shall haveG2192
ADVit is for those whoG3588
A-NSN-Cfor a camelG2574
N-GSFof a needleG4476
CONJfor a rich manG4145
N-APNfor the sakeG1752
A-APM-NUIaside to Himself, He saidG2036
INJwe are going upG305
T-NPNhave been writtenG1125
N-GPMshall be fulfilled.G5055
A-ASNof these things,G5130
CONJthey did notG3756
CONJit came to passG1096
N-ASF-Lthere was a certainG5100
T-NPMwere going in frontG4254
CONJhe would be silent;G4623
N-GSM-Phave mercy onG1653
I-ASNdo you desireG2309
V-PAI-2Sto have Me doG4160
CONJI may receive sight."G308
ADVhe received sight;G308
CONJafter seeing this,G1492
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved