1. Then Jesus entered Jericho and was passing through.
2. And behold, a man named Zaccheus was there. Now he was a chief tax collector, and he was rich.
3. And he was seeking to see Jesus, Who He was; but he was not able because of the multitude, for he was a man of small stature.
4. But after running ahead, in front of the multitude, he climbed up into a sycamore tree so that he might see Him; for He was about to pass that way.
5. And when He came to the place, Jesus looked up and saw him, and said to him, “Zaccheus, make haste to come down, for today it is necessary for Me to stay at your house.”
6. And he came down in haste and received Him joyfully.
7. But after seeing this, everyone began to criticize, saying, “He has gone in to lodge with a sinful man.”
8. Then Zaccheus stood and said to the Lord, “Behold, the half of my possessions, Lord, I give to the poor; and if I have taken anything from anyone by false accusation, I return fourfold.”
9. And Jesus said to him, “Today, salvation has come to this house, inasmuch as he also is a son of Abraham.
10. For the Son of man has come to seek and to save that which is lost.”
11. Now as they were listening to these things, He went on to speak a parable, because He was near Jerusalem, and they thought that the kingdom of God was going to appear immediately.
13. And after calling ten of his servants, he gave to them ten pounds, and said to them, ‘Trade until I come back.’
14. But his citizens hated him and sent an ambassador after him, saying, ‘We are not willing to have this man reign over us.’
15. And it came to pass that when he returned after receiving the kingdom, he directed that those servants to whom he had given the money be called to him, in order that he might know what each one had gained by trading.
16. And the first one came up, saying, ‘Lord, your pound has produced ten pounds.’
17. Then he said to him, ‘Well done, good servant; because you were faithful in a very little, you shall have authority over ten cities.’
18. And the second one came, saying, ‘Lord, your pound has made five pounds.’
19. Then he also said to this one, ‘And you be over five cities.’
20. But another came, saying, ‘Lord, behold your pound, which I kept laid up in a handkerchief.
21. For I was afraid of you, because you are a harsh man. You take up what you did not lay down, and you reap what you did not sow.’
22. Then he said to him, ‘Out of your own mouth I will judge you, you wicked servant! You knew that I am a harsh man, taking up what I did not lay down and reaping what I did not sow.
23. Then why didn’t you deposit my money in the bank, so that at my coming I might have received it with interest?’
24. And he said to those who were standing by, ‘Take the pound from him, and give it to the one who has ten pounds.’
25. (And they said to him, ‘Lord, he has ten pounds.’)
26. For I tell you that to everyone who has, more shall be given; but the one who does not have, even what he has shall be taken from him.
27. Moreover, bring my enemies, those who were not willing for me to reign over them, and slay them here before me.’ ”
28. And after saying these things, He went on ahead, going up to Jerusalem.
29. Now it came to pass that as He approached Bethphage and Bethany, toward the mountain called the Mount of Olives, He sent two of His disciples,
30. Saying, “Go into the village across from you. Upon entering it, you shall find a colt tied, on which no one has ever yet sat; loose it, and bring it to Me.
31. And if anyone asks you why you are loosing it, this is what you shall say to him: ‘Because the Lord has need of it.’ ”
32. And those who had been sent went and found it exactly as He had said to them.
33. And as they were loosing the colt, the owners of it said to them, “Why are you loosing the colt?”
34. Then they said, “The Lord has need of it.”
35. And they led it to Jesus; and after laying their garments on the colt, they put Jesus on it.
36. Now as He went along, they spread their garments in the road.
37. And as He drew near to the city, already being at the descent of the Mount of Olives, all the multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and to praise God with a loud voice for all the works of power that they had seen,
38. Saying, “Blessed be the King, Who comes in the name of the Lord. Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!”
39. And some of the Pharisees in the multitude said to Him, “Master, rebuke Your disciples.”
40. But He answered and said to them, “I tell you that if these were silent, the stones would cry out.”
41. And when He came near and saw the city, He wept over it,
42. Saying, “If you had known, even you, at least in this your day, the things for your peace; but now they are hidden from your eyes.
43. For the days shall come upon you that your enemies shall cast a rampart about you, and shall enclose you around and keep you in on every side,
44. And shall level you to the ground, and your children within you; and they shall not leave in you a stone upon a stone, because you did not know the season of your visitation.”
45. Then He went into the temple and began to cast out those who were selling and those who were buying in it,
46. Saying to them, “It is written, ‘My house is a house of prayer’; but you have made it a den of robbers.”
47. Now He was teaching day by day in the temple; and the chief priests and the scribes and the chief of the people were seeking to destroy Him,
48. But could not find what they might do; for all the people were listening intently, hanging on His every word.
N-NSM-Pwas there. NowG2532
CONJhe was seekingG2212
CONJhe was notG3756
V-IXI-3Sa man of smallG3398
ADVin front of the multitude, he climbed upG305
PREPa sycamore treeG4809
CONJhe might seeG1492
CONJHe was aboutG3195
V-AAP-NSMto come down,G2597
ADVit is necessaryG1163
CONJafter seeing this,G1492
A-NPMbegan to criticize,G1234
CONJ"He has goneG1525
V-2AAI-3Sin to lodgeG2647
CONJI have taken anythingG5100
X-ASNby false accusation,G4811
V-PAP-GPMto these things,G5023
D-APNHe went onG4369
N-GSMwas going toG3195
CONJI come back.'G2064
V-PAP-NPM'We are notG3756
PRT-Nwilling to haveG2309
CONJit came to passG1096
R-DPMhe had givenG1325
P-DSMin order thatG2443
CONJhe might knowG1097
I-ASNhad gained by trading.G1281
PREPa very little,G1646
A-DSNyou shall haveG2192
CONJI was afraid ofG5399
N-NSMYou take upG142
R-ASNyou did notG3756
R-ASNyou did notG3756
N-GSNI will judgeG2919
R-ASNI did notG3756
R-ASNI did notG3756
CONJat my comingG2064
V-2AAI-3Sto those whoG3588
T-DPMwere standing by,G3936
V-2AAM-2Pto the one whoG3588
V-PAP-DSMmore shall be given;G1325
PREPthe one whoG3588
V-PAI-3Sshall be takenG142
CONJit came to passG1096
V-PPP-ASNthe Mount of Olives,G1636
V-PNP-NPMyou shall findG2147
P-ASMbring it to Me.G71
ADV-Iyou are loosing it,G3089
V-PAI-2Pthis is whatG3779
ADVyou shall sayG2046
I-ASNare you loosingG3089
V-PAP-GSMto the city, alreadyG2235
V-PAP-NPMand to praiseG134
N-ASMwith a loudG3173
A-GPFthe works of powerG1411
R-GPFthey had seen,G1492
N-DSNof the Lord.G2962
N-NPMwould cry out."G2896
CONJyou had known,G1097
ADVthey are hiddenG2928
P-2ASin on every side,G3840
CONJshall level youG4571
P-2ASto the ground,G1474
CONJthey shall notG3756
R-GPMyou did notG3756
V-ADI-3Sto cast outG1544
CONJthose who were buyingG59
P-DPM"It is written,G1125
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved