1. Now after two days was the Passover and the feast of unleavened bread, and the chief priests and the scribes were seeking how they might stealthily lay hold of Him and kill Him.
2. But they said, “Not during the feast, lest there be a riot among the people.”
3. Now He was in Bethany, in the house of Simon the leper; and as He was sitting to eat, a woman came carrying an alabaster flask of ointment of pure spikenard worth a great price; and after breaking the alabaster flask, she poured it on His head.
4. But some were indignant within themselves and said, “Why has this ointment been wasted?
5. For it was possible for this to be sold for over three hundred silver coins, and to give to the poor.” And they were criticizing her.
6. But Jesus said, “Let her alone; why are you causing her trouble? She has performed a good work toward Me.
7. For you have the poor with you always, and you are able to do good for them whenever you desire; but you do not always have Me.
8. She did what she could for Me. She came to anoint My body beforehand for the burial.
9. Truly I say to you, wherever this gospel shall be preached in all the world, what this woman has done shall also be spoken of for a memorial of her.”
10. Then Judas Iscariot, one of the twelve, went to the chief priests in order that he might deliver Him up to them.
11. And after hearing this, they were delighted and promised to give him money. And he sought how he might conveniently betray Him.
12. And on the first day of the unleaveneds, (see explanation) when they were killing the Passover lambs, His disciples said to Him, “Where do You desire that we go and prepare, so that You may eat the Passover?”
13. And He sent two of His disciples, and said to them, “Go into the city, and you shall meet a man carrying a pitcher of water; follow him.
14. And whatever house he shall enter, say to the master of the house that the Teacher says, ‘Where is the guest chamber, where I may eat the Passover with My disciples?’
15. And he shall show you a large upper room, furnished and ready. There prepare for us.”
16. And His disciples went away: and when they came into the city, they found it exactly as He had said to them; and they prepared the Passover.
17. Now after evening had come, He came with the twelve.
18. And as they sat and were eating, Jesus said, “Truly I say to you, one of you shall betray Me, even he who is eating with Me.”
19. And they began to be extremely sad, and said to Him one by one, “Is it I?” And another, “Is it I?”
20. But He answered and said to them, “The one who is dipping a morsel into the dish with Me, he is the one of you twelve.
21. The Son of man indeed goes, just as it has been written of Him; but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! It would be better for that man if he had not been born.”
22. And as they were eating, Jesus took bread; and after blessing it, He broke it and gave it to them, and said, “Take, eat; this is My body.”
23. And He took the cup; and after giving thanks, He gave it to them; and they all drank of it.
24. And He said to them, “This is My blood, the blood of the New Covenant, which is poured out for many.
25. Truly I say to you, I will not drink again at all of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God.”
26. And after singing a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives.
27. Then Jesus said to them, “All of you shall be offended in Me in this night; for it is written, ‘I will smite the Shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered.’
28. But after I have risen, I will go before you into Galilee.”
29. Then Peter said to Him, “Even if all shall be offended, yet I shall not.”
30. And Jesus said to him, “Truly I say to you, today, in this very night, before the cock crows twice, you shall deny Me three times.”
31. But he spoke more adamantly, “If it were necessary for me to die with You, I would not deny You in any way.” And they all spoke in the same manner also.
32. Then they came to a place that was called Gethsemane; and He said to His disciples, “Sit here while I pray.”
33. And He took Peter and James and John with Him; and He began to be deeply troubled and heavy-hearted.
34. And He said to them, “My soul is filled with anguish, even to death; remain here and watch.”
35. Then He went forward a little, dropped to the ground and prayed, that if it were possible, the hour might pass from Him.
37. Then He came and found them sleeping. And He said to Peter, “Simon, are you sleeping? Were you not able to watch one hour?
38. Watch and pray, so that you do not enter into temptation. The spirit truly is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
39. And again He went away and prayed, saying the same thing.
40. And when He returned, He again found them sleeping, for their eyes were heavy; and they did not know what to answer Him.
41. And He came the third time, and said to them, “Sleep on now, and take your rest. It is enough. The hour has come. Behold, the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.
42. Arise! Let us be going. Look, the one who is betraying Me is approaching.”
43. And immediately, while He was speaking, Judas, being one of the twelve, came up with a great multitude with swords and clubs, from the chief priests and the scribes and the elders.
44. Now the one who was betraying Him had given them a sign, saying, “Whomever I shall kiss, He is the One. Arrest Him and take Him securely away.”
45. And as soon as he came up to Him, he said, “Master, Master,” and kissed Him earnestly.
46. Then they laid their hands on Him and arrested Him.
47. But a certain one of those standing near drew out a sword and struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his ear.
48. And Jesus answered and said to them, “Have you come out to take Me with swords and clubs, as against a thief?
49. I was with you daily, teaching in the temple, and you did not arrest Me; but this is done so that the Scriptures may be fulfilled.”
50. Then they all forsook Him and fled.
52. But he escaped, leaving the linen cloth behind, and ran from them naked.
53. Then they led Jesus away to the high priest. And all the chief priests and the elders and the scribes assembled with him.
54. Now Peter followed at a distance, all the way to the court of the high priest; and he was sitting inside with the officers and warming himself at the fire.
55. And the chief priests and the whole Sanhedrin were trying to find testimony against Jesus, to put Him to death; but they did not find any.
56. For many bore false witness against Him, but their testimonies did not agree.
57. And some rose up and bore false witness against Him, saying,
58. “We heard Him say, ‘I will destroy this temple made with hands, and in three days I will build another made without hands.’ ”
59. But neither did their testimonies agree with one another.
60. Then the high priest stood up in the center and questioned Jesus, saying, “Have You nothing to say in answer to what these are testifying against You?”
61. But He remained silent and answered nothing. Again the high priest questioned Him, and said to Him, “Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?”
62. And Jesus said, “I AM. And you shall see the Son of man sitting at the right hand of power, and coming with the clouds of heaven.”
63. Then the high priest ripped his own garments and said, “What further need do we have of witnesses?
64. You have heard the blasphemy! What is your verdict?” And they all condemned Him to be deserving of death.
65. Then some began to spit on Him, and to cover His face and strike Him with their fists, saying to Him, “Prophesy!” And the officers struck Him with the palms of their hands.
66. Now Peter was in the court below; and one of the maids of the high priest came,
67. And saw Peter warming himself; and after looking at him, she said, “Now you were with Jesus the Nazarene.”
68. But he denied it, saying, “I do not know Him or even understand what you are saying.” And he went out onto the porch, and a cock crowed.
69. Then the maid saw him again and began to say to those who were standing by, “This is one of them.”
70. And again he denied it. And after a little while, those who were standing by again said to Peter, “Truly you are one of them, for you are indeed a Galilean, and your speech confirms it.”
71. Then he began to curse and to swear, saying, “I do not know this Man of Whom you are speaking.”
72. And the cock crowed the second time. Then Peter remembered the words that Jesus had spoken to him: “Before the cock crows twice, you shall deny Me three times.” And when he thought about this, he wept.
CONJthe feast ofG3326
PREPthey might stealthilyG1388
P-ASMand kill Him.G615
A-GSMand as HeG846
P-GSMwas sitting to eat,G2621
V-PAP-NSFan alabaster flaskG211
N-GSFworth a great price;G4185
N-ASNshe poured itG2708
CONJit was possibleG1410
D-NSNto be soldG4097
CONJthey were criticizingG1690
I-ASNare you causingG3930
N-APMShe has performedG2038
CONJyou are ableG1410
CONJyou do notG3756
V-2AAI-3Sfor Me. She came to anointG3462
N-NSNshall be preachedG2784
N-APMin order thatG2443
CONJhe might deliverG3860
P-ASMup to them.G846
V-AAP-NPMthis, they were delightedG5463
ADVhe might convenientlyG2122
ADVthey were killingG2380
ADV-Ido You desireG2309
V-PAI-2Sthat we goG565
CONJYou may eatG5315
PRThouse he shall enter,G1525
T-DSMmaster of the houseG3617
ADVI may eatG5315
CONJwhen they cameG2064
V-2AAI-3Pit exactly asG2531
CONJHe had saidG2036
P-1ASeven he whoG3588
V-ADI-3Pto be extremely sad,G3076
P-DPM"The one whoG3588
V-PMP-NSMa morsel intoG1519
P-1GShe is the oneG1520
CONJit has been writtenG1125
V-IXI-3Swould be betterG2570
N-ASMand after blessingG2127
V-AAP-NSMit, He broke itG2806
N-ASNand after giving thanks,G2168
V-AAP-NSMHe gave itG1325
T-NSNis poured outG1632
P-2DPI will notG3756
CONJ"All of youG3956
A-NPMshall be offendedG4624
CONJit is written,G1125
V-RPI-3S'I will smiteG3960
N-NPNshall be scattered.'G1287
ADVyou shall denyG533
CONJit were necessaryG1163
P-1ASto die withG4880
P-2DSI would notG3756
P-2ASin any way." AndG1161
V-IAI-3Pin the same mannerG5615
V-ADI-3Sto be deeply troubledG1568
V-PXI-3Sfilled with anguish,G4036
CONJHe went forwardG4281
N-VSM-Pare you sleeping?G2518
V-PAI-2SWere you notG3756
CONJyou do notG3361
CONJwhen He returned,G5290
CONJthey did notG3756
CONJtake your rest.G373
V-PMI-2PIt is enough.G566
CONJthe one whoG3588
PRTI shall kiss,G5368
CONJtake Him securelyG806
P-DPM"Have you come outG1831
CONJyou did notG3756
CONJthis is done so thatG2443
N-NPFmay be fulfilled."G4137
P-DSMhaving a linen clothG4616
PREPhis naked body;G1131
T-ASMthey led JesusG2424
ADVall the wayG2193
N-NSNwere trying to findG2212
CONJthey did notG3756
T-ASMmade with hands,G5499
N-GPFI will buildG3618
A-ASMmade without hands.'G886
V-PAP-NSM"Have You nothingG3762
PRT-Nto say in answerG611
D-NPMare testifying againstG2649
T-NSMHe remained silentG4623
CONJyou shall seeG3700
PREPthe right handG1188
N-ASFdo we haveG2192
You have heardG191
P-ASMwith their fists,G2532
P-ASMwith the palms of their hands.G4475
V-PMP-ASMand after lookingG1689
T-NSMhe denied it,G720
V-PAP-NSM"I do notG3756
V-RAI-1SHim or evenG3761
V-PANto those whoG3588
T-DPMwere standing by,G3936
T-NSMhe denied it.G720
PREPa little while,G3397
T-NPMwere standing byG3936
V-PXI-2Sindeed a Galilean,G1057
V-PANsaying, "I do notG3756
R-ASMyou are speaking."G3004
ADVyou shall denyG533
CONJwhen he thought about this,G1911
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved