2. And very early on the first day of the weeks (see explanation), at the rising of the sun, they were coming to the tomb;
3. And they were asking themselves, “Who will roll away the stone for us from the entrance to the tomb?”
4. For it was a massive stone. But when they looked up, they saw that the stone had been rolled away.
5. And after entering the tomb, they saw a young man sitting on the right, clothed in a white robe; and they were very frightened.
6. But he said to them, “Do not be afraid. You are seeking Jesus the Nazarene Who was crucified. He has risen; He is not here. Look, there is the place where they laid Him.
7. But go, tell His disciples and Peter that He goes before you into Galilee; there you shall see Him, as He said to you.”
8. And they went out quickly and fled from the tomb, for trembling and astonishment had seized them; and they did not say anything to anyone because they were afraid.
10. She went and told it to those who had been with Him, who were grieving and weeping.
11. And when they heard that He was alive and had been seen by her, they did not believe it.
12. Now after these things, He appeared in a different form to two of them as they were walking, going away into the country.
13. And they went and told it to the rest; but they did not believe them either.
14. Afterwards, as they were sitting to eat, He appeared to the eleven and reproached them for their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they did not believe those who had seen Him after He had risen.
18. They shall remove serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them in any way; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.”
19. After speaking to them, the Lord was indeed then taken up into heaven, and He sat down at the right hand of God.
20. And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the Word by the signs that followed. Amen.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved