1. Then the scribes and Pharisees from Jerusalem came to Jesus, saying,
2. “Why do Your disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat bread.”
3. But He answered and said to them, “Why do you also transgress the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition?
4. For God commanded, saying, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘The one who speaks evil of father or mother, let him die the death.’
5. But you say, ‘Whoever shall say to father or mother, “Whatever benefit you might receive from me is being given as a gift to the temple,” he is not at all obligated to honor his father or his mother.’
7. Hypocrites! Isaiah has prophesied well concerning you, saying,
9. For they worship Me in vain, teaching for doctrine the commandments of men.’ ”
10. And after calling the multitude to Him, He said to them, “Hear, and understand.
11. That which goes into the mouth does not defile the man; but that which comes out of his mouth, this defiles the man.”
12. Then His disciples came to Him and said, “Do You realize that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this saying?”
13. But He answered and said, “Every plant that My heavenly Father has not planted shall be rooted up.
14. Leave them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the pit.”
15. Then Peter answered and said to Him, “Explain this parable to us.”
16. But Jesus said to him, “Are you also still without understanding?
17. Do you not perceive that everything that enters the mouth goes into the belly, and is expelled into the sewer?
18. But the things that go forth from the mouth come out of the heart, and these defile the man.
19. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witnessing and blasphemies.
20. These are the things that defile the man; but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile the man.”
21. Then Jesus left there and withdrew into the area of Tyre and Sidon;
22. And, behold, a Canaanite woman who came from those borders cried to Him, saying, “Have mercy on me, Lord, Son of David; my daughter is grievously possessed by a demon.”
23. But He did not answer her a word. And His disciples came and requested of Him, saying, “Send her away, for she is crying out behind us.”
24. But He answered and said, “I have not been sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”
25. Then she came and worshiped Him, saying, “Lord, help me!”
26. But He answered and said, “It is not proper to take the children’s bread and throw it to the dogs.”
27. And she said, “Yes, Lord, but even the dogs eat of the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”
28. Then Jesus answered and said to her, “O woman, great is your faith! As you have desired, so be it to you.” And her daughter was healed from that hour.
29. Now after leaving there, Jesus came toward the Sea of Galilee; and He went up into the mountain and sat there.
30. Then great multitudes came to Him, having with them the lame, the blind, the dumb, the maimed, and many others; and they laid them at the feet of Jesus, and He healed them;
31. So that the multitudes were amazed, when they saw the dumb speaking, the maimed made whole, the lame walking, and the blind seeing; and they glorified the God of Israel.
32. And after calling His disciples to Him, Jesus said, “I am moved with compassion toward the multitude because they have been with Me for three days, and they have nothing to eat; and I will not send them away fasting, lest they faint along the way.”
33. Then His disciples said to Him, “Where in this wilderness can we find enough loaves of bread to satisfy so great a multitude?”
34. And Jesus said to them, “How many loaves do you have?” And they said, “Seven, and a few small fish.”
35. Then He commanded the multitude to sit on the ground;
36. And He took the seven loaves and the fish, and gave thanks, and broke them, and gave them to His disciples, and the disciples to the multitude.
37. And they all ate and were satisfied; and they took up seven baskets full of fragments that were left.
38. Now those who ate were four thousand men, besides women and children.
39. And after dismissing the multitude, He went into the ship and came to the area of Magdala.
CONJthey do notG3756
N-GSMfor the sake ofG1223
CONJ'The one whoG3588
N-ASFlet him dieG5053
PRTbenefit you might receiveG5623
P-1GSis being given asa giftG1435
N-NSNto the temple," heG2532
PRT-Nat all obligated to honorG5091
N-NSMhave drawn nearG1448
V-2AAI-3P"Do You realizeG1492
V-API-3Pwhen they heardG191
V-AAI-3Sshall be rooted up.G1610
N-NPMof the blind.G5185
Do you notG3768
T-NPNthat go forthG1831
V-PXI-3Sthe things thatG3588
V-PAP-NSF"Have mercy onG1653
ADVpossessed by a demon."G1139
T-NSMHe did notG3756
CONJshe is crying outG2896
V-2AAI-3S"I have notG3756
N-APNof the houseG3624
CONJyou have desired,G2309
V-PAI-2Sso be itG1096
CONJHe went upG305
V-AANwhen they sawG991
V-2AAI-3S"I am moved with compassionG4697
CONJthey have beenG4357
N-NPMof breadto satisfyG5526
N-APMdo you have?"G2192
N-APMand gave thanks,G2168
CONJthey took upG142
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved