2. And when He had fasted for forty days and forty nights, afterwards He was famished.
3. And when the tempter came to Him, he said, “If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread.”
5. Then the devil took Him to the holy city and set Him upon the edge of the temple,From the highest pinnacle of thetemple to the bottom of the Kedron Valley was 650 feet
6. And said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, cast Yourself down; for it is written, ‘He shall give His angels charge concerning You, and they shall bear You up in their hands, lest You strike Your foot against a stone.’ ”
7. Jesus said to him, “Again, it is written, ‘You shall not tempt the Lord your God.’ ”
8. After that, the devil took Him to an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory,
9. And said to Him, “All these things will I give You, if You will fall down and worship me.” The Greek means that Satan was asking Jesus to worship him as God.
10. Then Jesus said to him, “Begone, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him alone shall you serve.’ ”
11. Then the devil left Him; and behold, angels came and ministered to Him.
12. Now when Jesus had heard that John was put in prison, He went into Galilee.
13. And after leaving Nazareth, He came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is on the seaside, on the borders of Zabulon and Nephthalim;
14. That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet Isaiah, saying,
15. “The land of Zabulon and the land of Nephthalim, by the way of the sea, beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles;
16. The people who were sitting in darkness have seen a great light; and to those who were sitting in the realm and shadow of death, light has sprung up.”
17. From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”
19. And He said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.”
20. Then they immediately left their nets and followed Him.
21. And after leaving there, He saw two other brothers, James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, in the ship with Zebedee their father, mending their nets; and He called them.
22. And they immediately left the ship and their father and followed Him.
23. And Jesus went throughout all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every disease and every bodily ailment among the people.
24. Then His fame went out into all Syria; and they brought to Him all who were sick, oppressed by various diseases and torments, and possessed by demons, and lunatics, and paralytics; and He healed them.
25. And great multitudes followed Him from Galilee, and Decapolis, and Jerusalem, and Judea, and beyond the Jordan.
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved