2. God is jealous, and an avenging LORD; the LORD is avenging and full of wrath. The LORD takes vengeance against His foes, and He keeps wrath against His enemies.
3. The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power. And He does not by any means acquit the wicked. The LORD has His way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of His feet.
4. He rebukes the sea and makes it dry, and dries up all the rivers; Bashan languishes and Carmel and the flower of Lebanon withers.
5. The mountains quake from Him, and the hills melt, and the earth is decimated at His presence, yea the world and all who dwell in it.
6. Who can stand before His fury? And who can stand up in the fierceness of His anger? His fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are broken asunder because of Him.
7. The LORD is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and He knows those who trust in Him.
8. But with an overflowing flood He will make an utter end, and darkness shall pursue His enemies.
9. What do you imagine against the LORD? He will make an utter end of it; affliction shall not rise up the second time,
10. For as thorns are woven together, and as their drunkards are drunken, they shall be devoured like fully dry stubble.
11. One who devises evil against the LORD has come forth from you, a wicked counselor.
12. Thus says the LORD, “Though they be secure and likewise many, yet they shall be cut down, then he shall pass away. And though I have afflicted you, I will afflict you no more,
13. For now I will break his yoke off you, and will burst your bonds asunder.”
14. And the LORD has commanded concerning you, “Your name shall not be perpetuated any more; I will cut off the graven image and the molten image out of the house of your gods. I will make your grave; for you are worthless.”
15. Behold upon the mountains the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace! O Judah, keep your appointed feasts, fulfill your vows; for the wicked shall pass through you no more; he is completely cut off.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved