2. God is jealous, and an avenging LORD; the LORD is avenging and full of wrath. The LORD takes vengeance against His foes, and He keeps wrath against His enemies.
3. The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power. And He does not by any means acquit the wicked. The LORD has His way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of His feet.
4. He rebukes the sea and makes it dry, and dries up all the rivers; Bashan languishes and Carmel and the flower of Lebanon withers.
5. The mountains quake from Him, and the hills melt, and the earth is decimated at His presence, yea the world and all who dwell in it.
6. Who can stand before His fury? And who can stand up in the fierceness of His anger? His fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are broken asunder because of Him.
7. The LORD is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and He knows those who trust in Him.
8. But with an overflowing flood He will make an utter end, and darkness shall pursue His enemies.
9. What do you imagine against the LORD? He will make an utter end of it; affliction shall not rise up the second time,
10. For as thorns are woven together, and as their drunkards are drunken, they shall be devoured like fully dry stubble.
11. One who devises evil against the LORD has come forth from you, a wicked counselor.
12. Thus says the LORD, “Though they be secure and likewise many, yet they shall be cut down, then he shall pass away. And though I have afflicted you, I will afflict you no more,
13. For now I will break his yoke off you, and will burst your bonds asunder.”
14. And the LORD has commanded concerning you, “Your name shall not be perpetuated any more; I will cut off the graven image and the molten image out of the house of your gods. I will make your grave; for you are worthless.”
15. Behold upon the mountains the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace! O Judah, keep your appointed feasts, fulfill your vows; for the wicked shall pass through you no more; he is completely cut off.
HAamsaand an avengingH5358
HVqrmsaand full of wrath.H1167
HVqrmsaagainst His foes,H6862
HPp3msand He keeps wrathH5201
HCHVqrmsaagainst His enemies.H341
HNcmsaAnd He does notH3808
HTnby any meansH5352
HVpi3msthe wicked. The LORDH3068
HNcbscHSp3msin the whirlwindH5492
HRHNcfsaand in the storm,H8183
HCHRHNcfsaand the cloudsH6051
HNcmscof His feet.H7272
HRdHNcmsaand makes it dry,H2717
HVhp3msand dries upH3001
HCHNpand the flowerH6525
HRHSp1cpand the hillsH1389
HVrp3cpand the earthH776
HCHVqw3fsat His presence,H6440
HRHNcbpcHSp3msyea the worldH8398
HCHTican stand upH6965
HVqi3msin the fiercenessH2740
HRHNcmscof His anger?H639
HNcfscHSp3msis poured outH5413
HRdHNcbsaand the rocksH6697
HCHTdHNcmpaare broken asunderH5422
HVNp3cpbecause of Him.H4480
HTido you imagineH2803
HVqrmsaan utter end of it;H3617
HVqi3fsthe second time,H6471
HNcfpaare woven together,H5440
HVqsmpaand as their drunkardsH5435
HVqsmpathey shall be devouredH398
HCthey be secureH8003
HCHTmthey shall be cut down,H1494
HVNp3cpthen he shall pass away.H5674
HCHVqp3msAnd though I have afflicted you,H6031
HCHVpp1csHSp2fsI will afflict youH6031
And the LORDH3068
HDI will cut offH3772
HVhi1csthe graven imageH6459
HNcmsaand the molten imageH4541
HCHNcfsaout of the houseH1004
HRHNcmscof your gods.H430
HNcmpcHSp2msI will makeH7760
HCyou are worthless."H7043
HNcfdcof him who bringsH8085
HVprmsawho publishes peace!H7965
HVqv2fsyour appointed feasts,H2282
HNcmsashall pass throughH5674
HDhe is completelyH3605
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved