1. Woe to the bloody city! It is steeped in lies, and full of plunder; the victim never departs.
2. The sound of a whip, and the noise of the rattling of a wheel, and of a galloping horse, and of a bounding chariot.
4. Because of the multitude of the whoredoms of the well-favored harlot, the mistress of witchcrafts who sells nations by her whoredoms, and families by her witchcrafts.
5. “Behold, I am against you,” says the LORD of hosts; “and I will lift your skirts over your face. And I will cause the nations to see your nakedness, and the kingdoms your shame.
6. And I will cast abominable filth upon you, and will make you vile, and will set you as a gazing stock.
7. And it shall be that all those who look upon you shall flee from you, and say, ‘Nineveh is laid waste; who will weep for her?’ From where shall I seek comforters for you?”
8. Are you better than No Amon, that dwelt among the Nile branches, that had waters all around her, whose rampart was the sea, the waters her wall?
9. Ethiopia and Egypt were her strength, yea, without end. Put and Lubim were among your helpers.
10. Yet she went into exile; she went into captivity, and her young children also were dashed to pieces at the head of all the streets; and they cast lots for her honorable men, and all her great men were bound in chains.
11. You also shall be drunken; you shall be hidden, you also shall seek protection from the enemy.
12. All your strongholds shall be like fig trees with the first fruits; if they are shaken, they shall even fall into the mouth of the eater.
13. Behold, your people in your midst are women. The gates of your land shall surely be opened to your enemies; the fire shall devour your bars.
14. Draw waters for the siege; fortify your strongholds; go into the clay, and tread the mortar; make the brick mold strong.
15. There fire shall devour you; the sword shall cut you off, it shall eat you up like the locust. Make yourself as many as the larvae, multiply yourself like the locusts.
16. You have multiplied your merchants above the stars of heaven; the locust larvae shall strip and fly away.
17. Your rulers are like the locusts, and your officials are a swarm of locusts that camp in the hedges in the cold day; the sun rises, and they flee, and the place where they are is not known.
18. Your shepherds slumber, O king of Assyria. Your nobles are at rest in the dust; your people are scattered upon the mountains, and no one is gathering them.
19. There is no healing of your bruise; your wound is grievous; all who hear the news of you shall clap their hands over you; for upon whom has your wickedness not passed continually?
HNcmscof a whip,H7752
HNcmsaand the noiseH6963
HCHNcmscof the rattlingH7494
HNcmscof a wheel,H212
HNcmsaand of a gallopingH1725
HCHNcmsaand of a boundingH7540
HVhrmsaboth the brightH3851
HNcfsaand the glitteringH1300
HAamsaand there are massesH3514
HCHNcmscof dead bodies,H6297
HCHVqp3cpover the dead bodies,H1472
Because of the multitudeH7230
HRHNcbscof the whoredomsH2183
HNcmpcof the well-favoredH2896
HNcmpaby her whoredoms,H2183
HCHNcfpaby her witchcrafts.H3785
HTmHSp1csI am against you,"H413
HNcbpa"and I will liftH1540
HNcbpcHSp2fsAnd I will cause the nationsH1471
HNcmscHSp2fsand the kingdomsH4467
And it shall beH1961
HNcmscthose who look upon youH7200
HNpis laid waste;H7703
HRHTishall I seekH1245
Are you betterH3190
HTdHVqrfsaamong the Nile branches,H2975
HRdHNcmpathat had watersH4325
HRdHNcbsaand her young childrenH5768
HTawere dashed to piecesH7376
HVPi3mpat the headH7218
HNcmpaand they castH3032
HCHRher honorable men,H3513
HCHNcmscher great menH1419
HNcmpcHSp2fsshall be like fig treesH8384
HRthe first fruits;H1061
HCthey are shaken,H5128
HVNi3mpthey shall even fallH5307
HNcmscof the eater.H398
HNcmscHSp2fsin your midstH7130
HNcmpcof your landH776
HVNp3cpto your enemies;H341
HVqv2fsinto the clay,H2916
HRdHNcmsamake the brick moldH4404
HNcbsashall devour you;H398
HNcfsashall cut you off,H3772
HVhi3fsHSp2fsit shall eat you upH398
HVqi3fsHSp2fslike the locust.H3218
HRdHNcmsaMake yourself as manyH3513
HVtv2msas the larvae,H3218
HVtv2fsyourself like the locusts.H697
HNcmpcHSp2fsarelike the locusts,H697
HRdHNcmsaand your officialsH2951
HCHNcmpcHSp2fsare a swarmH1462
HTdHVqrmpain the hedgesH1448
HRdHNcfpain the coldH7135
HVqp3fsand they flee,H5074
HCHVMp3msand the placeH4725
HTiHSp3mpthey are is notH3808
HAampcHSp2msare at restH7931
HVqi3mpin the dust; your peopleH5971
HTdHNcmpaand no oneH369
There is noH369
HNcfsaof your bruise;H7667
HVqrmpcthe news of youH8088
HTihas your wickednessH7451
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved