1. The destroying one Or, the disperser or hammerhas come up against you. Guard the rampart. Watch the way, make your loins strong, fortify your power mightily,
2. For the LORD will restore the glory of Jacob, as the excellency of Israel, for the plunderers have plundered them, and have ravaged their vine branches.
3. The shields of his mighty ones are dyed red; the mighty men are in scarlet; the chariots flame like iron torches in the day of battle preparation. And the cypress spears are made to quiver.
4. The chariots race madly in the streets; they jostle against each other in the open squares. Their appearance is like torches; they run to and fro like lightning.
5. He shall remember his nobles; they shall stumble in their walking; they shall make haste to its wall, and the defense shall be prepared.
6. The gates of the rivers shall be opened, and the palace shall be helpless.
7. And the queen is uncovered and she is carried away. And her slave women are moaning like the sound of doves, as they beat their breast.
8. But Nineveh from old is like a pool of water; yet they shall flee away. “Stand, Stand!” they shall cry, but none looks back.
9. Seize the silver; seize the gold; for there is no end to the treasures; rich with all precious vessels.
11. Where is the den of the lions, and the feeding place of the young lions, where the lion and the lioness walked, and the lion’s cub, and no one made them afraid?
12. The lion tears in pieces enough for his cubs, and strangles for his lionesses, and fills his caves with prey, and his dens with torn flesh.
13. “Behold, I am against you,” says the LORD of hosts, “and I will consume her chariots in the smoke, and the sword shall devour your young lions. I will cut off your prey from the earth, and the voice of your messengers shall be heard no more.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved