To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came to him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba.
1. Have mercy upon me, O God, according to Your lovingkindness; according to the greatness of Your compassion, blot out my transgressions.
2. Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin,
3. For I acknowledge my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me.
4. Against You, You only, have I sinned, and done evil in Your sight, that You might be justified when You speak and be in the right when You judge.
5. Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me.
6. Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts; and in the hidden part You shall make me to know wisdom.
7. Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
8. Make me to hear joy and gladness that the bones which You have broken may rejoice.
9. Hide Your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities.
10. Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11. Cast me not away from Your presence, and take not Your Holy Spirit from me.
12. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and let Your free spirit uphold me.
13. Then I will teach transgressors Your ways, and sinners shall turn back to You.
14. Deliver me from the guilt of shedding blood, O God, O God of my salvation, then my tongue shall sing aloud of Your righteousness.
15. O LORD, open my lips, and my mouth shall declare Your praise,
16. For You do not desire sacrifice, or else I would give it; You do not take pleasure in burnt offering.
17. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise.
18. Do good in Your good pleasure to Zion; build the walls of Jerusalem.
19. Then shall You be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering; then they shall offer bulls upon Your altar.
To the Chief Musician.H5329
HRHSp3msafter he had gone inH935
HNcmpaaccording to Your lovingkindness;H2617
HRHNcmscHSp2msaccording to the greatnessH7230
HRHNcbscof Your compassion,H7356
HVhafrom my iniquity,H5771
HRHNcbscHSp1csand cleanse meH2891
HVpv2msHSp1csfrom my sin,H2403
HNcmpcHSp1csand my sinH2403
HRHNcmscHSp2mshave I sinned,H2398
HCHTdHAamsain Your sight,H5869
HRYou might be justifiedH6663
HVqi2mswhen You speakH1696
HRHVqcHSp2msand be in the rightH2135
HVqi2mswhen You judge.H8199
HTmI was brought forthH2342
HRHNcbsaand in sinH2399
HCHRHNcmsadid my motherH517
HNcfsain the inward parts;H2910
HRdHNcfpaand in the hidden partH5640
HCHRHVqsmsaYou shall make me to knowH3045
HRHNcmsaand I shall be clean;H2891
HVpi2msHSp1csand I shall be whiterH3835
Make me to hearH8085
HCHNcfsathat the bonesH6106
HNcfpawhich You have brokenH1794
HNcbpcHSp2msfrom my sins,H2399
HRHNcmpcHSp1csand blot outH4229
Cast me notH408
HVhj2msHSp1csfrom Your presence,H6440
HNcmscof Your salvation,H3468
HNcmscHSp2msand let Your freeH5081
Then I will teachH3925
HCHAampashall turn backH7725
HVhv2msHSp1csfrom the guilt of shedding blood,H1818
HNcmpcof my salvation,H8668
HNcfscHSp1csthen my tongueH3956
HNcbscHSp1csshall sing aloudH7442
HVpi3fsof Your righteousness.H6666
HNcfdcHSp1csand my mouthH6310
HCYou do notH3808
HNcmsaor else I would giveH5414
HCHVqh1csit; You do notH3808
HVqi2msin burnt offering.H5930
HNcmpaare a brokenH7665
HVNrmsaand a contriteH1794
HNcmpaYou will notH3808
HVhv2msHShin Your good pleasureH7522
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved