To the Chief Musician. On Gittith. A Psalm of Asaph.
1. Sing aloud unto God our strength; shout for joy to the God of Jacob.
2. Take up a melody, and strike the drum, the pleasant lyre with the harp.
3. Blow the trumpet at the new moon, also at the full moon, on our solemn feast day,
4. For this was a statute for Israel, a law of the God of Jacob.
5. This He ordained in Joseph for a testimony when He went forth against the land of Egypt; I heard a language that I understood not:
6. “I removed his shoulder from the burden; his hands were delivered from the pots.
7. You called in trouble, and I delivered you; I answered you in the secret place of thunder; I tested you at the waters of Meribah. Selah.
8. Hear, O My people, and I will admonish you; O Israel, if you will hearken to Me,
9. There shall be no strange god among you; nor shall you worship any strange god.
10. I am the LORD your God Who brought you out of the land of Egypt; open your mouth wide, and I will fill it.
11. But My people would not hearken to My voice, and Israel would have none of Me.
12. So I gave them up to the stubbornness of their own hearts; and they walked in their own conceits.
13. Oh, that My people had hearkened unto Me, and Israel had walked in My ways!
14. I would soon have subdued their enemies, and would have turned My hand against their adversaries.
15. The haters of the LORD should dwindle away before Him, and their punishment should endure forever.
16. And they also would have been fed with the finest of wheat; and with honey out of the rock I would have satisfied them.”
To the Chief Musician.H5329
HTdHNcfsaA Psalm of Asaph.H623
HNcmscHSp1cpshout for joyH7321
HNcmsaat the new moon,H2320
HRdHNcmsaalso at the full moon,H3677
HRdHNcmsaon our solemn feastH2282
HPp3mswas a statuteH2706
HNcmsaof the GodH430
This He ordainedH7760
HRHNpfor a testimonyH5715
HNcfsawhen He went forthH3318
HNcfscthat I understoodH3045
HNcmscHSp3msfrom the burden;H5447
HVqi3fpfrom the pots.H1731
HRdHNcfsaand I delivered you;H2502
HCHVpw1csHSp2msI answered youH6030
HVqi1csHSp2msin the secret placeH5643
HNcmsaI tested youH974
HVqv2msO My people,H5971
HNcmscHSp1csand I will admonishH5749
HCyou will hearkenH8085
There shall beH1961
HCHTnshall you worshipH7812
HPp1csam the LORDH3068
HNcmpcHSp2msWho brought youH5927
HTdHVhrmscHSp2msout of the landH776
HNpopen your mouthH6310
HVhv2msand I will fill it.H4390
But My peopleH5971
HVqp3msto My voice,H6963
So I gave them upH7971
HCHVpw1csHSp3msto the stubbornnessH8307
HRHNcfscof their own hearts;H3820
HNcmscHSp3mpand they walkedH3212
HVqi3mpin their own conceits.H4156
HVpi3mpin My ways!H1870
I would soonH4592
HVqrmpcHSp3mpand would have turnedH7725
HVprmpcof the LORDH3068
HNpshould dwindle awayH3584
HRHSp3msand their punishmentH6256
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved