A prayer of the afflicted, when he is overwhelmed and pours out his complaint before the LORD.
1. O LORD, hear my prayer, and let my cry come to You.
2. Hide not Your face from me in the day of my trouble; incline Your ear to me; in the day I call, answer me quickly,
3. For my days go up like smoke, and my bones scorch like a firebrand.
4. My heart is stricken, and withered like grass, so that I forget to eat my bread.
5. Because of the voice of my groaning, my bones cleave to my flesh.
6. I am like a pelican of the wilderness; I am like an owl of the desert.
7. I watch, and am like a sparrow alone upon the housetop.
8. All the day my enemies revile me; in their rage against me, they make a curse of me;
9. For I have eaten ashes like bread, and have mixed my drink with weeping
10. Because of Your anger and Your wrath; for You have lifted me up and cast me down.
11. My days are like a shadow stretched out, and I wither like grass.
12. But You, O LORD, sit enthroned forever; and Your name is unto all generations.
13. You shall arise and have mercy upon Zion, for it is time to be gracious to her; yea, the appointed time has come,
14. For Your servants take pleasure in her stones and favor her dust.
15. So the nations shall fear the name of the LORD, and all the kings of the earth Your glory.
16. When the LORD shall build up Zion, He shall appear in His glory.
17. He will regard the prayer of the destitute and not despise their prayer.
18. This shall be written for the generation to come; and a people who shall be created shall praise the LORD,
19. For He has looked down from the height of His sanctuary; from heaven the LORD beheld the earth
20. To hear the groaning of the prisoner, to set free those who are appointed to death
21. That men may declare the name of the LORD in Zion and His praise in Jerusalem
22. When the people and the kingdoms have gathered together to serve the LORD.
23. He weakened my strength in the way; He shortened my days.
24. I said, “O my God, take me not away in the midst of my days; Your years endure throughout all generations.
25. Of old You have laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of Your hands.
26. They shall perish, but You shall endure; yea, all of them shall become old like a garment; like a vesture You shall change them, and they shall be changed;
27. But You remain the same, and Your years shall have no end.
28. The children of Your servants shall continue, and their seed shall be established before You.”
HNcfsaof the afflicted,H6041
HVqi3msand pours outH8210
HNcfscHSp1csand let my cryH7775
HRHSp1csin the dayH3117
HRHSp1csin the dayH3117
HVqi2msand have mercyH7355
HCit is timeH6256
HNcbsato be gracious to her;H2603
HCthe appointed timeH4150
HVqi1cs"O my God,H410
HTnaway in the midstH2677
HRHNcmscof my days;H3117
HNcfpcHSp2msendure throughout allH1755
HVqi2msyea, all of themH3605
HCHNcmscHSp3mpshall become oldH1086
HVqi3mplike a garment;H899
HRdHNcmsalike a vestureH3830
HRdHNcmsaYou shall change them,H2498
HVhi2msHSp3mpand they shall be changed;H2498
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved