1. O praise the LORD, for it is good to sing praises to our God, for praise is pleasant and becoming.
2. The LORD builds up Jerusalem; He gathers together the outcasts of Israel.
3. He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
5. Great is our LORD and mighty in power; His understanding is infinite.
6. The LORD lifts up the meek; He casts the wicked down to the ground.
7. Sing unto the LORD with thanksgiving; sing praises upon the lyres unto our God,
8. Who covers the heavens with clouds, who prepares rain for the earth, who makes grass to grow upon the mountains.
9. He gives the beasts their food and to the young ravens which cry.
10. He delights not in the strength of the horse; He takes no pleasure in the legs of a man.
11. The LORD takes pleasure in those who fear Him, who hope in His steadfast love.
12. Glorify the LORD, O Jerusalem; praise your God, O Zion,
13. For He has made the bars of your gates strong; He has blessed your children within you.
14. He makes peace within your borders and fills you with the finest of the wheat.
15. He sends forth His commandment upon earth; His word runs very swiftly.
16. He gives snow like wool; He scatters the hoarfrost like ashes.
17. He casts forth His ice like crumbs. Who can stand before His cold?
18. He sends out His word and melts them; He causes His wind to blow, and the waters flow.
19. He declares His word unto Jacob, His statutes and His ordinances unto Israel.
20. He has not done so with any other nation; and as for his ordinances, they have not known them. O praise the LORD!
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved