A Psalm of David.
1. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
2. When the wicked, my enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
3. Though an army should encamp against me, my heart shall not be afraid; though war should rise against me, even then I will be confident.
4. One thing I have desired from the LORD, that I will seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in His temple,
5. For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion, in the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me; He shall set me upon a rock.
6. And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies round about me; therefore I will offer sacrifices with shouts of joy in His tabernacle. I will sing; yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD.
7. Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice; and be gracious unto me and answer me.
8. When You said, “Seek My face,” my heart said to You, “Your face, O LORD, will I seek.”
9. Hide not Your face from me. Turn not Your servant away in anger; You have been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.
10. Though my father and my mother forsake me, the LORD will take me up.
11. Teach me Your way, O LORD, and lead me in a level path because of my enemies.
12. Deliver me not over to the will of my enemies, for false witnesses have risen up against me, and he that breathes out violence.
13. I would have fainted unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
14. Wait for the LORD; be of good courage, and He shall make your heart strong; yea, wait, I say, wait on the LORD.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved