A Psalm and Song at the dedication of the House of David.
1. I will praise You, O LORD, for You have lifted me up and have not allowed my foes to rejoice over me.
2. O LORD my God, I cried to You, and You have healed me.
3. O LORD, You have brought up my soul from the grave; You have kept me alive, so that I should not go down to the pit.
4. Sing praises to the LORD, O you saints of His, and give thanks to His holy name,
5. For His anger is only for a moment; His favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.
6. And in my prosperity I said, “I shall never be moved.”
7. O LORD, by Your favor You have made my mountain to stand strong; You hid Your face, and I was troubled.
8. I cried to You, O LORD; and I made supplication to the LORD.
9. “What profit is in my blood, in going down to the pit? Shall the dust praise You? Shall it declare Your truth?
10. Hear, O LORD, and be gracious unto me; LORD, be my helper.”
11. You have turned my mourning into dancing; You have torn off my sackcloth and have clothed me with gladness,
12. To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved