To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.
1. In You, O LORD, have I taken refuge, let me never be ashamed; deliver me in Your righteousness.
2. Bow down Your ear to me; deliver me quickly; be my strong Rock, a fortress of defense to save me;
3. For You are my Rock and my fortress; therefore for Your name’s sake lead me and guide me.
4. Pull me up out of the net that they have hidden for me, for You are my strength.
5. Into Your hand I commit My spirit; You have redeemed Me, O LORD God of truth.
6. I have hated those who take heed to lying vanities, but I trust in the LORD.
7. I will be glad and rejoice in Your lovingkindness, for You have looked upon my affliction; You have known the troubles of my soul
8. And have not given me over into the hand of the enemy; You have set my feet in a broad place.
9. Be gracious unto me, O LORD, for I am in distress; my eye is consumed with grief, yea, even my soul and my body;
10. For my life is spent with grief and my years with sighing; my strength fails because of my iniquity, and my bones have wasted away.
11. Because of all my adversaries I have become a reproach, but especially among my neighbors, and a dread to my friends; those from outside who saw me fled from me.
12. I am forgotten as a dead man, out of mind; I am like a broken vessel,
13. For I have heard the whispering slander of many; terror is on every side; they plotted together against me, they planned to take away my life.
14. But I trusted in You, O LORD; I said, “You are my God.”
15. My times are in Your hand; deliver me from the hand of my enemies, and from those who persecute me.
16. Make Your face shine upon Your servant; save me in Your lovingkindness.
17. Let me not be ashamed, O LORD, for I have called upon You; let the wicked be ashamed. Let them be silent in the grave.
18. Let the lying lips be put to silence— the lips which speak arrogantly against the righteous with pride and contempt.
19. Oh, how great is Your goodness, which You have laid up for those who fear You, which You have prepared for those who take refuge in You before the sons of men!
20. You shall hide them in the secret place of Your presence from the plottings of man; You shall hide them in a shelter away from the strife of tongues.
21. Blessed is the LORD, for He has shown His wondrous lovingkindness in a besieged city,
22. For I said in my haste, “I am cut off from before Your eyes;” nevertheless You heard the voice of my supplications when I cried to You.
23. O love the LORD, all you His saints! The LORD preserves the faithful, and fully repays the proud doer.
24. Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who hope in the LORD.
To the Chief Musician.H5329
HNphave I taken refuge,H2620
HVqp1cslet me neverH408
HVpv2msHSp1csin Your righteousness.H6666
HNcbpato save me;H3467
I will be gladH1523
HCHVqh1csin Your lovingkindness,H2617
HTrYou have lookedH7200
HToupon my affliction;H6040
HNcmscHSp1csYou have knownH3045
HRHNcfpcof my soulH5315
Be gracious unto me,H2603
HRHNcmsayea, even my soulH5315
HNcbscHSp1csand my body;H990
HRHNcmsaand my yearsH8141
HVqp3msbecause of my iniquity,H5771
HRHNcbscHSp1csand my bonesH6106
HCHNcfpcHSp1cshave wasted away.H6244
Because of allH3605
HVqrmpcHSp1csI have becomeH1961
HDamong my neighbors,H7934
HCHRHAampcHSp1csand a dreadH6343
HCHNcmsato my friends;H3045
HRHVPsmpcHSp1csthose from outsideH2351
HRdHNcmsawho saw meH7200
HCI have heardH8085
HVqp1csthe whispering slanderH1681
HNcmsais on every side;H5439
HVqp3cpto take awayH3947
HNcbpcHSp1csare in Your hand;H3027
HVhv2msHSp1csfrom the handH3027
HRHNcbscof my enemies,H341
HVqrmpcHSp1csand from those who persecute me.H7291
Let me notH408
HCI have called upon You;H7121
HVqp1csHSp2mslet the wickedH7563
HVqi3mpLet them be silentH1826
HVqi3mpin the grave.H7585
Let the lyingH8267
HNcfdcbe put to silence—H481
HVNi3fpthe lips which speakH1696
HAamsais Your goodness,H2898
HTrYou have laid upH6845
HVqp2msfor those who fear You,H3373
HRHAampcHSp2mswhich You have preparedH6466
HVqp2msfor those who take refugeH2620
You shall hide themH5641
HVhi2msHSp3mpin the secret placeH5643
HRHNcmscof Your presenceH6440
HNcbpcHSp2msfrom the plottingsH7407
HNcmsaYou shall hide themH6845
HVqi2msHSp3mpin a shelterH5521
HRHNcfsaaway from the strifeH7379
HVqp1csin my haste,H2648
HRHVqcHSp1cs"I am cut offH1629
HNcmscof my supplicationsH8469
HNcmpcHSp1cswhen I criedH7768
HNcmscyou His saints!H2623
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved