To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.
1. In You, O LORD, have I taken refuge, let me never be ashamed; deliver me in Your righteousness.
2. Bow down Your ear to me; deliver me quickly; be my strong Rock, a fortress of defense to save me;
3. For You are my Rock and my fortress; therefore for Your name’s sake lead me and guide me.
4. Pull me up out of the net that they have hidden for me, for You are my strength.
5. Into Your hand I commit My spirit; You have redeemed Me, O LORD God of truth.
6. I have hated those who take heed to lying vanities, but I trust in the LORD.
7. I will be glad and rejoice in Your lovingkindness, for You have looked upon my affliction; You have known the troubles of my soul
8. And have not given me over into the hand of the enemy; You have set my feet in a broad place.
9. Be gracious unto me, O LORD, for I am in distress; my eye is consumed with grief, yea, even my soul and my body;
10. For my life is spent with grief and my years with sighing; my strength fails because of my iniquity, and my bones have wasted away.
11. Because of all my adversaries I have become a reproach, but especially among my neighbors, and a dread to my friends; those from outside who saw me fled from me.
12. I am forgotten as a dead man, out of mind; I am like a broken vessel,
13. For I have heard the whispering slander of many; terror is on every side; they plotted together against me, they planned to take away my life.
14. But I trusted in You, O LORD; I said, “You are my God.”
15. My times are in Your hand; deliver me from the hand of my enemies, and from those who persecute me.
16. Make Your face shine upon Your servant; save me in Your lovingkindness.
17. Let me not be ashamed, O LORD, for I have called upon You; let the wicked be ashamed. Let them be silent in the grave.
18. Let the lying lips be put to silence— the lips which speak arrogantly against the righteous with pride and contempt.
19. Oh, how great is Your goodness, which You have laid up for those who fear You, which You have prepared for those who take refuge in You before the sons of men!
20. You shall hide them in the secret place of Your presence from the plottings of man; You shall hide them in a shelter away from the strife of tongues.
21. Blessed is the LORD, for He has shown His wondrous lovingkindness in a besieged city,
22. For I said in my haste, “I am cut off from before Your eyes;” nevertheless You heard the voice of my supplications when I cried to You.
23. O love the LORD, all you His saints! The LORD preserves the faithful, and fully repays the proud doer.
24. Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who hope in the LORD.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved