A Psalm of David. A Contemplation.
2. Blessed is the man to whom the LORD does not impute iniquity and in whose spirit there is no guile.
3. When I kept silent, my bones wore away through my groaning all the day long,
4. For by day and by night Your hand was heavy upon me; my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer. Selah.
5. I acknowledged my sin to You, and my iniquity I have not hidden. I said, “I will confess my transgression to the LORD,” and You forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah.
6. For this reason let every godly one pray to You in a time when You may be found; surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come near him.
7. You are my hiding place; You shall preserve me from trouble; You shall encircle me with songs of deliverance. Selah.
8. You said, “I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you, My eye shall be upon you.
9. Be not like the horse, or like the mule, which have no understanding—which must be harnessed with bit and bridle, else they will not come near you.”
10. The wicked has many sorrows, but His steadfast love surrounds him who trusts in the LORD.
11. Be glad in the LORD and rejoice, you righteous; and shout for joy, all you upright in heart.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved