A Psalm of David.
1. Do not fret yourself because of evildoers, and do not be envious against the workers of iniquity,
2. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass; and wither as the green herb.
3. Trust in the LORD, and do good; dwell in the land, and cherish faithfulness.
4. Delight yourself in the LORD, and He shall give you the desires of your heart.
5. Commit your way unto the LORD; trust also in Him, and He will bring it to pass.
6. And He shall bring forth your righteousness like the light, and your judgment like the noonday.
7. Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him; do not fret yourself because of him who prospers in his way; because of him who carries out wicked schemes.
8. Cease from anger, and forsake wrath; do not fret yourself, it leads only to evil,
9. For evildoers shall be cut off, but those who wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.
10. It is but a little while, and the wicked shall be no more; yea, you shall diligently consider his place, but he shall not be there.
11. But the meek shall inherit the earth and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
12. The wicked plots against the righteous and gnashes against him with his teeth.
13. The LORD laughs at him, for He sees that his day is coming.
14. The wicked have drawn out the sword, and have bent their bow, to cast down the poor and needy, to kill those who walk uprightly.
15. Their sword shall enter into their own heart, and their bows shall be broken.
16. Better is the little that a righteous man has than the riches of many wicked,
17. For the arms of the wicked shall be broken, but the LORD upholds the righteous.
18. The LORD knows the days of the upright, and their inheritance shall be forever.
19. They shall not be ashamed in the time of evil, and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.
20. But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be like the beauty of pastures—they are consumed, and like smoke they vanish.
21. The wicked borrows and does not pay again, but the righteous is gracious and gives,
22. For those blessed of Him shall inherit the earth; and those cursed of Him shall be cut off.
23. The steps of a good man are made firm by the LORD, and He delights in his way.
24. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down, for the LORD upholds him with His hand.
25. I have been young, and now I am old; yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken or his children begging bread.
26. All the day long he deals graciously and lends, and his children are blessed.
27. Depart from evil and do good; and live forevermore.
28. For the LORD loves justice and does not forsake His saints; they are preserved forever, but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.
29. The righteous shall inherit the earth and dwell in it forever.
30. The mouth of the righteous speaks wisdom, and his tongue talks of justice.
31. The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide.
32. The wicked watches the righteous and seeks to kill him.
33. The LORD will not leave him in his hand, nor condemn him when he is judged.
34. Wait on the LORD and keep His way, and He shall exalt you to inherit the earth; when the wicked are cut off, you shall see it.
35. I have seen the ruthless wicked in great power and spreading himself like a luxuriant tree in its native soil.
36. Yet he passed away, and lo, he was no more; and I searched for him, but he could not be found.
37. Mark the blameless man and behold the upright one, for the end of that man is peace.
38. But the sinners shall be destroyed together; the prosperity of the wicked shall be cut off.
39. But the salvation of the righteous is from the LORD; He is their strength in the time of trouble.
40. And the LORD shall help them and deliver them; He shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them because they take refuge in Him.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved